Search

HooToo Tripmate Elite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

HooToo Tripmate Elite

Does anyone have one of these:

http://betanews.com/2014/09/17/hooto...ellers-review/

It looks interesting. I wish it was a WAN and LAN port, but it could be pretty functional. This device could cover the some of the USB charging issue as well as the smallest router issue. As long as you just combine the space they occupy.

I'm pretty happy with my own setup, but it is curious....
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I bought a HooToo tripmate Nano and it works fine. Doesn't have its own battery but can run easily off the USB. Has ethernet. I put a 32GB flash drive in there and it works fine as a remote drive too if ya want to share photos w folks.

I haven't used it much

For $20 you could do a lot worse
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Update: Use this thing all the time now, including using a friend's Xfinity to use the Xfinity Hotspots that seem to be everwhere. It's the only router I've found (and I've bought three now) that handle the login required of hotels and Xfinity. Love this thing, and best of all its tiny.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I thought about the 6000mAh version without the flip-out plug to replace an old 802.11g travel router I carried for years, but I just don't find as many instances that I need a travel router any more and I've stopped carrying a travel router all together. It used to be that I'd come across a property that was wired-only maybe 1/10 and I'd need the router for using tablet/phone/etc... now, in the US at least, that's down to 1/100 or better. I haven't carried a travel router in over a year and probably haven't used one in 2 or 3 years, other than one odd-ball condo property in Orlando that I know I need the router for, and I usually just end up using my laptop as an ad-hoc router there.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
I have the HooToo Tripmate Elite and find it pretty useful while traveling. It makes hotel networks much less of a hassle. I plug it in in the room, log in once and then all my devices can instantly connect through the HooToo.

I wish it allowed more than 5 device connections, but it still helps solve my problem of too many devices when traveling with the family. When we're out in the sticks abroad, using a local cellular SIM in either my iPad or hotspot, we're limited to 5 connected devices. When one of them is the HooToo, it allows four more devices to connect. That's enough to make things work.

Being able to use it as a charging battery is a nice bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.