New Bose QC25 Noise Cancelling Headphone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bose QC25 Noise Cancelling Headphone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Well here's an update to the trade up program. I was at the Bose Ottawa (near the Westin). There is a trade up program from the QC15's, but they HAVE to be broken. I said...can I take a hammer to it? They said probably not a good idea, but if I claim that the sound isn't as good or make up some hard to duplicate issue, that it would work

So there you go!
Cheers. How much are they charging for the trade up?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:57 am

$199 is what the Bose store charge me.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Originally Posted by Pinned
Just the fact that they're using disposable batteries is annoying. Why a pair of $300 headphones isn't coming with a rechargeable lithium ion battery is beyond me.
That's exactly why I got the QuietComfort 3's. They don't isolate your ear quite as much but I find them a lot more comfortable to wear (and I don't have to worry about batteries).
In fact, in Lufthansa business class everyone now gets a pair (not to keep, sadly)... a lot nicer than the crappy headphones on United.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by dave743
$199 is what the Bose store charge me.
Thanks

Don't really see the point unless they are totally trashed given they can sometimes be gotten for $50 more anyway.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I think the Bose package stated the batteries will run some 30 hrs but I estimate my first battery lifetime closer to 100 hrs. Well positive to get more than promised
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
One thing I just discovered which I don't think was mentioned upthread. The mic apparently doesn't work as well if noise cancellation is turned off. I had a couple people (wife included) in the last day say they couldn't hear me well when it was off, but said it sounded much better when turned on. So it affects the mic, not just the volume/clarity coming through the cans.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
199 is 66% of the going rate of 299, that seems a bit steep for a trade in especially when the previous trade in was only 99. Basically they value the old QC15 at only 100$? that seems a bit unfair in my point of view, my old QC15 were about 4 years old and ear cuff was material was coming off and I got a new QC15 in July 2014, since it is less than 1 year old would there be a discount in the trade in?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Update:
So i went to bose in SF and the guy basically said ONLY if your bose qc15 is defective they allow you to trade them in for something else with a 100$ credit, thus for qc25 it would be still 199$ fee. If your qc15 are not defective you would not get the option of even trading it in... That sucks
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA DL
Grabbed qc25 today in white. I've tested out a little bit today and the noise cancelling is amazing. Also white is a beautiful color as well!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by snowdoggieii
Update:
So i went to bose in SF and the guy basically said ONLY if your bose qc15 is defective they allow you to trade them in for something else with a 100$ credit, thus for qc25 it would be still 199$ fee. If your qc15 are not defective you would not get the option of even trading it in... That sucks
I found this to be the case at the Factory store in Pa also, as others have stated here or elsewhere make up a hard to duplicate problem. My wife was complaining about hers cutting out, I never noticed this when I used hers. I claimed this at the airport location and no problem upgraded to the QC25.

In my opinion the QC25 were noticeable better than the QC15 I actually have both with me on this trip so I did a comparison test.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:36 pm

Part 1:
My QC15's broke again - specifically the right ear stopped working. I use my QC15s 24/7 so I'm not surprised this keeps happening on approx the 6-7th month of use. As long as they have a 1 year warranty, I'm fine. Anyway, I'm going to the Bose store in Fairfax, VA and inquire about direct-upgrade to QC25.

Will update on the issue. (Part of me wants to stay with the QC15 because I have their defective cycle down to an art. But QC25 is compelling. I'll upgrade if I can.)
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
The bose store in NY has an official trade in program fwiw - no defects necessary. I just swapped out my QC15 for QC25 today for $199 and not regretting it at all.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by srs507
The bose store in NY has an official trade in program fwiw - no defects necessary. I just swapped out my QC15 for QC25 today for $199 and not regretting it at all.
Bose values a fully functional QC15 at $100.

Ebaying them would probably yield a higher value, right ?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pb9997
Bose values a fully functional QC15 at $100.

Ebaying them would probably yield a higher value, right ?
Depending on the condition. Also, time is money. Bose knows we value our time too.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any recent trade in stories? Have a pair of QC15s and there is buzzing in the right ear. Out of warranty as I've had them for probably 2-3 years.

Will try the Bose kiosk in MSP today...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.