Wiki Posts
Search

OnePlus One Invite(s)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by kanebear
I went from an HTC M8 to an Oppo Find 7a to the OPO. For the money, the OnePlus is an incredible phone but it's NOT perfect. Solidly built, great screen, very good camera (noisy in low light through), and CyanogenMod is very good.
I take it you don't have the dreaded yellow band at the bottom of the screen?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
From the looks of today's announcement, the new Moto X is the phone I want, but the new Moto G is likely the phone I'll end up getting. I wish I could convince my company to get me the new X, but current options are company-issued iPhone 5c or BYOD anything else (though they pay the bill regardless).
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: AY+
I went from an HTC M8 to an Oppo Find 7a to the OPO. For the money, the OnePlus is an incredible phone but it's NOT perfect. Solidly built, great screen, very good camera (noisy in low light through), and CyanogenMod is very good.
How´s the battery life in Oppo?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Hello,

Also interested in an invite. :-)
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:50 pm

anyone have oneplus one invites to give away?

Would appreciate one, thanks. For the 64gb black.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:01 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
anyone take advantage of the pre-order today? I opted for a 64gb as my travel phone, I have an old nexus one that is showing it's age
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver

That said? Some frustrations and quirks. The screen will occasionally unlock itself. I've taken the phone out of my pocket to find the flash/torch blazing away. I've had issues with keeping data/wifi connections and have had to reboot somewhat frequently. The phone will hang at times while entering text for a search. it comes back but it's still frustrating. The big one for me though is voice quality. It's not very good. I'm sure it's a firmware fix and/or there's other modems I can load. I just haven't taken time yet. But callers have a harmonic to their voice that makes them sound far deeper voiced than they should. This is disturbing when it comes to women callers! The Find 7a is almost identical in hardware but does not exhibit this problem. But for the price? Unbeatable.
I had some problems with the torch too. There are a couple gestures built into the phone, if you draw a V it will turn on the torch, if you draw a circle, the camera starts. I'm pretty sure I somehow was doing those gestures which would turn it on. I suspect you can turn them off, just haven't figured out how.

I got my Sandstone 64GB on Friday. I'm trying it out while also still not wanting to let go of my windows phone. Overall it seems like a great phone. There definitely some things about Android I just don't get though

Last edited by rybob1; Oct 27, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:48 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by rybob1
I had some problems with the torch too. There are a couple gestures built into the phone, if you draw a V it will turn on the torch, if you draw a circle, the camera starts.

I got my Sandstone 64GB on Friday. I'm trying it out while also still not wanting to let go of my windows phone. Overall it seems like a great phone. There definitely some things about Android I just don't get though
I would add something other than a slide to unlock, also what features to you not get? I've been using android for quite some time.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I gave some consideration to doing Pre-Order on a OPO, but decided to hold off. My company's IT department is considering giving me a company-issued Moto X 2014 as the first company-issued Android Phone since going exclusively iOS a few years back... when I started about a year ago I kept my own Samsung GS4 (running GPE ROM) instead of taking a new iPhone 5C and now I'm making the argument that I've been running Android for a full year with no decrease in productivity or increase in IT support burden. If they do not decide to issue me an Android phone I'll probably either wait for sales on unlocked Moto X 2014s or go with a Moto G 2014 (especially if they release an LTE version)... my GS4 is starting to show its age, mainly cosmetically (flaking chrome) but also in increased battery life and FCs/freezes.

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Oct 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
Missed out today. When the site did load, Paypal had issues for some reason.

Would be grateful for an invite if anyone has a spare.

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
I would add something other than a slide to unlock, also what features to you not get? I've been using android for quite some time.
There are several things, but one of the biggest things I don't understand. I have my "home screen" I guess you would call it, and then you have your list of all apps. Why, when you install an app, does it show up in both places? I don't really understand why it is needed in both. Because I can scroll multiple pages on my home screen, I guess I just don't understand why the list of apps isn't sufficient.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by rybob1
There are several things, but one of the biggest things I don't understand. I have my "home screen" I guess you would call it, and then you have your list of all apps. Why, when you install an app, does it show up in both places? I don't really understand why it is needed in both. Because I can scroll multiple pages on my home screen, I guess I just don't understand why the list of apps isn't sufficient.
It's a setting in the play store to have the apps get loaded onto your home screen. I find it annoying to do that, I keep things on my home screen(s) set up with what is important to me. I think you are using like an iPhone which is not how it's meant to be used.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
It's a setting in the play store to have the apps get loaded onto your home screen. I find it annoying to do that, I keep things on my home screen(s) set up with what is important to me. I think you are using like an iPhone which is not how it's meant to be used.
Yes. On Android, you only keep the apps that you use frequently on your home screen(s), along with helpful widgets. Everything else stays in the app drawer.

Personally I use two home screens, but some people like a ton of them. It's all in how you prefer to set it up.

I keep a weather/time widget and my most frequently accessed apps organized in folders on my primary home screen, and a calendar widget and file management apps on a secondary home screen.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
My status bar has disappeared, blank where the little icons should be, anyone experienced that on here? I need to muster up the courage to go to the Android forums and thought I would ask in the meantime. Samsung Duos GT-S7582 if that makes a difference, and JB 4.2.2.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
My status bar has disappeared, blank where the little icons should be, anyone experienced that on here? I need to muster up the courage to go to the Android forums and thought I would ask in the meantime. Samsung Duos GT-S7582 if that makes a difference, and JB 4.2.2.
I prefer mine to be hidden, the setting is most likely deep within your launcher settings/preferences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.