Reload this Page >

OnePlus One Invite(s)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePlus One Invite(s)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:28 am

I would also like an invite, and will give one here when I get more than the one I need.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
TVM for your expertise.
You want the new Golden Warrior A8:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_golde...or_a8-6529.php

It has LTE, whereas the original one would only do 2G in the US (not even 3G).

Still, chances are it will never (officially) make it to the states, but you should be able to get it on eBay, just abandon the idea of a US warranty.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:38 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'd also love an invite if anyone has an extra to spare!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
OnePlus One Invite(s)

I have at least one to dole out. It's only valid for two more days, probably a little less. Invites are only for the 64GB Sandstone version, I don't even think they're bothering with the 16GB white version.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:42 am

If you still happen to have an invite going, I would be very grateful for one! I have been trying to get this phone for quite a while now. I've dropped you a message directly so you have my email address. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:15 am

Wow. Got a lot of PM's. Went in order, and they're all gone.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:41 am

OK - I was given more invites, and have exactly one more left to dole out. First come, first serve.

$350 phone ($360 w/ shipping to USA). Unlocked LTE phone w/ the usual quad-band GSM and pentaband WCMDA, and LTE bands 1/3/4/7/17/38/40. That covers AT&T & T-Mobile USA, and a few spots in the world but not a lot. You can look up the rest.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:28 am

Wow. Even more PM's than last night. It's gone. Will share more if I get them. I'd rather they go to FTers than anywhere else.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Looks like OnePlus One will go up for preorder within a month, no more invites needed: http://betanews.com/2014/09/02/say-g...for-pre-order/
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have looked at the specs, what is so special about this phone?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I have looked at the specs, what is so special about this phone?
Higher-end specs for a low(-ish) price.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
If it came in dual SIM I might be tempted. But I don't like you cannot pull the battery.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm currently a Galaxy S4 user running a GPE rom. I've been fairly happy with everything about the phone EXCEPT the build quality. I'd been on the fence about what to replace it with (going on 1.5 years old), and the OnePlus One has been high on my list. My main concerns had been whether 5.5" was just too big. A friend of mine just got a LG G3 and, after playing with it (same width/thickness, just a bit shorter than the OnePlus One) I'm confident it won't be TOO big. I'll likely miss the hardware home button the most, but the double-tap wake will probably replace my main need for a hardware home button (waking while docked on my desk). I'll also likely miss the AMOLED screen as I use DynamicNotifications as a lock screen, which works better on AMOLED phones.

I'll probably be ready to pull the trigger right around when pre-orders open up (October), but if I get an invite before then I may be able to jump on it.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I went from an HTC M8 to an Oppo Find 7a to the OPO. For the money, the OnePlus is an incredible phone but it's NOT perfect. Solidly built, great screen, very good camera (noisy in low light through), and CyanogenMod is very good.

That said? Some frustrations and quirks. The screen will occasionally unlock itself. I've taken the phone out of my pocket to find the flash/torch blazing away. I've had issues with keeping data/wifi connections and have had to reboot somewhat frequently. The phone will hang at times while entering text for a search. it comes back but it's still frustrating. The big one for me though is voice quality. It's not very good. I'm sure it's a firmware fix and/or there's other modems I can load. I just haven't taken time yet. But callers have a harmonic to their voice that makes them sound far deeper voiced than they should. This is disturbing when it comes to women callers! The Find 7a is almost identical in hardware but does not exhibit this problem. But for the price? Unbeatable.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Holy crap. Welcome back, kanebear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.