Transfer from DVR to PC

Transfer from DVR to PC

Old Aug 12, 2014, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Transfer from DVR to PC

Hello

two INTL. long hauls coming up.
Would like to download recorded shows from a Comcast DVR to a laptop or zip drive etc.

Will really appreciate a fix.
Thanks .
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:56 am

Depending on which DVR you have there may already be a solution. Tivo for example has the Tivo-2-go feature. I also saw some commercials for the Dish Hopper that has a DVR to PC tool.

Have you checked with your DVR provider (maybe cable company or third party)?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
If it's an old Motorola or Scientific Atlanta box you might be able to transfer via FireWire IF you both the box and PC have a FireWire port. If it's a newer X1/X3 box then you can download your "cloud" recordings over wifi if you're in a market that has "cloud recording" active. If you have a TiVo DVR you can download with TiVo Desktop or even the TiVo's built-in web server, just make sure you have a player on your PC that recognized the TiVo DRM scheme, or strip the DRM ahead of time since it's been cracked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.