Search

Recommend a Qi charger

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Is there a Qi charger that doesn't have that stupid ticking sound? I have very good hearing and it drives me nuts! Anyone?
I've never heard a ticking sound on mine. I specifically looked for ones that did not beep when engaged. The qi power bank mentioned three posts above does beep, but I can live with it since it won't be used very often.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I've never heard a ticking sound on mine. I specifically looked for ones that did not beep when engaged. The qi power bank mentioned three posts above does beep, but I can live with it since it won't be used very often.
Sorry I missed this. which one do you use?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry I missed this. which one do you use?
I have three of these kind...
Amazon Amazon

One of these kind...
Amazon Amazon

And a few hockey puck style as well as a flat rectangular plate one I use at work.

The only one that has made any kind of noise is the qi power bank that I just got.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
I have two of these and always recommend them to people looking for Qi chargers.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
I have two of these and always recommend them to people looking for Qi chargers.
A few comments saying it only lasts a couple of months. How long have you folks owned yours?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
A few comments saying it only lasts a couple of months. How long have you folks owned yours?
One is about 6 months old and the other just a few weeks. I've had no issues to this point.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
One is about 6 months old and the other just a few weeks. I've had no issues to this point.
Thanks kind FTer! Will pick one up!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

According to Amazon, I purchased it on October 24, 2014--so ownership and usage commenced a few days afterwards. Zero problems with it. The shallow angle chargers are great when working at a desk. The more upright ones (which I have three) are much better for nightstands.

It looks like my work travel is going to ramp up soon, so I may pick up
one of these one of these
so that it can rest on my hotel nightstand.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Aug 6, 2015 at 11:47 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:28 pm

I am using this one right now:

Amazon Amazon

I have also used units from Samsung, Tylt, and LG. I can't really think of any issues I have had.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend an vertical charger that either trickle charges after the battery is full, or shuts off completely until the phone is removed? My Keedox-style chargers do not do this, so my phone beeps throughout the night.

Since my S6 is not rooted, I cannot disable all the beeps and notifications that come with wireless charging.

I'm going to roll the dice with this one...
Amazon Amazon
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Can anyone recommend an vertical charger that either trickle charges after the battery is full, or shuts off completely until the phone is removed? My Keedox-style chargers do not do this, so my phone beeps throughout the night.

Since my S6 is not rooted, I cannot disable all the beeps and notifications that come with wireless charging.

I'm going to roll the dice with this one... http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charg.../dp/B012SSBMCG
I'm happy to report that this one does indeed switch to trickle charging after the battery reaches 100%. The biggest problem is that the LED on the charger is light-up-the-whole-room bright. I can even see the light through two layers of duct tape!

If anyone has a folding, portable qi charger that trickle charges, please let me know.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Nov 19, 2015 at 9:59 am
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm happy to report that this one does indeed switch to trickle charging after the battery reaches 100%. The biggest problem is that the LED on the charger is light-up-the-whole-room bright. I can even see the light through two layers of duct tape!

If anyone has a folding, portable qi charger that trickle charges, please let me know.
A slight update and correction: it appears that many of the newer qi chargers highly recommend using a 2A wall wart, which may help the charger maintain trickle charging.

As for a folding one, I'm rolling the dice with
this one this one
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As for a folding one, I'm rolling the dice with this one.
Hopefully more people will be contributing to this thread now.

The one above has been great. My only complaint is that the lip on which the phone sits on is a bit thin (and curved).
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:49 am

The Seneo fast wireless charger pad is $12.95 with code 42ZVWFUR on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H76NIAS

I just picked up another one. First one I had for over a year with various phones.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:58 am

What I'd like to see is a Qi powerbank with a charging sleeve. This would allow people to slip their phone in their purse or equivalentand get a charge while still being able to do a "fast draw."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.