Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

New Laptop - What Utilities?

New Laptop - What Utilities?

Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
For connecting Android to a PC, there's a native remote desktop client made by MS (as well as the older 2X RDP client):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

What I want is something that lets me do Android stuff off my phone when I'm on my laptop. Haven't seen a screen-sharing app in that direction.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:21 pm
HMO

I'm just reinstalling my home "server", using several suggestions from this post.

Thanks ^
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by el344
I did discover that Filezilla in now packaged with multiple other completely unwanted programs when downloaded directly from Filezilla that install with no warning. Malwarebytes picked them up immediately but it took awhile to clean it all up.
You can download the adware-free version from the page that lists the clients for all platforms.

To confirm, check the download URL for "?nowrap" and the FZ logo on the downloaded setup.exe file (SF logo = adware).
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by st1575
You can download the adware-free version from the page that lists the clients for all platforms.

To confirm, check the download URL for "?nowrap" and the FZ logo on the downloaded setup.exe file (SF logo = adware).
Thanks for that info, although I'm so disgusted by Filezilla's responses to the complaints about the junked up version that I probably will not use it. I've been happy with Coffee Cup FTP for my very simple needs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.