Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skype Support is Pretty Terrible

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Skype Support is Pretty Terrible

Last week I got an e-mail from Skype informing me that I had signed up for Skype Manager, which appears to be a product that allows an administrator to oversee and fund multiple Skype accounts.

I immediately smelled a rat, so I attempted to login to my Skype account, expecting to be locked out with a password changed by a takeover scammer. Surprisingly, I got right in.

Unfortunately my SkypeOut balance of about $30 was wiped out, with the exception of 31 cents, which I believe was the remainder from the nearest dollar.

I enter into a webchat with Skype Support, who advised me to change my password (no kidding ) and dissociated me from the Manager account.

I raised the matter of the missing credit and they said they were going to send me a verification email and a refund would soon follow. It came, I verified myself, my account was all good... but no reimbursement.

Chatted again, verified, no more contact and no reimbursement. Lather, rinse, repeat three more times.

Any idea how I can get someone who can actually help me?
Old May 6, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Assuming you funded your account originally by credit card, I'd look at disputing the charge with your CC. You paid for goods/services that you did not receive.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Does Skype outline the typical refund timeline on their site? Did the person you chatted with suggest a timeline?
Old May 7, 2014, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Check their Skype, Facebook account. You can ask the administrator regarding your concern. Or ask them whose the right person to talk with. This is what I did when I had a problem with my Global call credit. They immediately replied to my queries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.