Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automated location capture/sharing for Android

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Automated location capture/sharing for Android

I'm currently on an around-the-world trip without a set itinerary. I would like an app that would log my location at set intervals (every hour or so, it doesn't really matter,) and post to an online map which I can point friends and family to.

I do *not* want to have to share my location manually. I'm not smart enough to remember to do that. It needs to be automatic.

Accuracy isn't important for my needs. Within a mile is great. Just so people can look and see I was in Busan this morning, and maybe see I was at the fish market.

It needs to be stand-alone. I don't do Facebook.

Does anyone have a preferred app for this? I'm not looking to log my travels, though I can ignore those features if I need to. The mileage trackers and run/bike trackers I have found so far haven't worked well.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Bump in the hope of an answer...

I'm trying Open GPS Tracker now.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Wow. That was too easy.

I can research when I have a moment, but I would appreciate hearing how to make that map public.

Now in Dubai. Leaving for Istanbul in the morning. Will be in... Hungary(?) tomorrow night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.