Alternative to Passportstamp.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alternative to Passportstamp.com?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Question Alternative to Passportstamp.com?

We're enthusiastic travellers and since 1985 have been logging our travels on a computer so have built up a considerable record. A few years ago, I discovered passportstamp.com and since then, have carefully recorded our travel enjoying seeing the number of countries visited rack up and reflecting on our good fortune to be able to do so. The information stored is fairly basic - in/out dates and a few notes about actual places visited - I keep a blog for all the gory details

In the last few months, the site has become really unreliable and I feared losing all that data, so I copied and pasted it. I think the time has come to find an alternative.

Your suggestions would be welcome, please! It could be an ios app, but I'd really prefer something which would snyc with my pc too, and following this recent experience, I'd consider a backup facility important as well.

First time user, so my apologies if this subject has been done to death already - I searched the forums but these things move so quickly that what's hot this week may have been replaced with something better by next.

Thanks!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
It won't load right now, so I can't see exactly what it does, but have you seen flightdiary.net?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:38 am
Original Poster

No, I haven't, PainCorp.....I'll take a look.

Thank you!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

www.openflights.org
www.ba97.com

Two more alternatives to have a look at. The latter is developed and hosted by somebody from Flyertalk.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks DYKWIA. I like the look of both. Though neither does everything I'm looking for, both offer aome interesting potential.
Very helpful - thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:37 am
Suspended

PainCorp: do you prefer Flight Diary over Flight Memory?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pricesquire
PainCorp: do you prefer Flight Diary over Flight Memory?
FlightDiary seems to have a better UI, so I use that. I'm going to look at OpenFlights and BA97 though.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:18 pm
Suspended

What's UI stand for?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:12 pm
Suspended

What's UI stand for?
User Interface.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
User Interface.
Doh. My bad.

I'd switch from Flight Memory if it weren't such a pain to retype years of flying into a new interface.

Also, OP: passportstamp.com isn't working.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Pricesquire, passportstamp has been intermittent for a while and I suspect/fear that it's lost and gone forever now. Thankfully, I copied all my data the last time I was there "just in case"...how pleased I am that I did.

Quite agree about the pain to retype all of that into another program. At times, I think that writing it all down in a little book would be a great idea ;-) (but then I'd lose the book!!)
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:33 pm
cb2

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold
Pricesquire, I also use Flight Diary. Check whether you can simply export a text file with what you have got in Flight Memory database at the moment and then put it into Flight Diary Sometimes the transfer between those sites is as simple as that.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cb2
Pricesquire, I also use Flight Diary. Check whether you can simply export a text file with what you have got in Flight Memory database at the moment and then put it into Flight Diary Sometimes the transfer between those sites is as simple as that.
Something tells me that is easier said than done

I'll look into it though! Thanks for the tip.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:06 am

I'd switch from Flight Memory if it weren't such a pain to retype years of flying into a new interface.
Requirement #1 for me is that there be an easy way to export the data.

Tripit has an API which openflights uses the extract the data. But I don't really trust concur to maintain full access in the future. I should try to extact the raw data myself and keep an archive
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:44 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Doh. My bad.

Also, OP: passportstamp.com isn't working.
You can import data into flightdiary from flightmemory via OpenFlights. It's been a while since I did it, but OpenFlights will extract the data from flightmemory, and then you can import that data into flightdiary.

http://flightdiary.net/about/import

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.