Reload this Page >

Weird iPhone problem: Carrier name has disappeared

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

iPhone 4S on AT&T
IOS 6.1.2
Jailbroken

All of a sudden the "AT&T" has disappeared from the upper left corner of the display of my iPhone. It just says "4G"

I have no idea if this is related to Cydia issues.

A few days ago, I noticed that every one of my Cydia apps had updates available. I updated all several times but it always failed. So I reinstalled the Cydia app (from the iPhone, not from the jailbreak software) and then updated all the apps. All successfully updated.

I don't know if the disappearance of the carrier name is related to this..... Googling mostly nets me old old articles.

It's annoying because I move between regular AT&T connectivity and a site where there is a Microcell that I'm registered on as an authorized user. It's very useful to be able to check and see visually that indeed when there the carrier says "AT&T Microcell."

But now, no matter, what, it only says "4G"

(Is there some other place in "Settings" that I can confirm whether the phone is connected to the microcell?)
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you've jailbroken, all bets are off. You never know how things will interact with each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.