Reload this Page >

Google Glass anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Glass anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:18 am

Any US based FT folks getting the glasses today? Interesting to hear about the experience
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I hope I'm never in a situation where I have to ask someone to remove these ridiculous glasses before I talk to them.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well they're working on designs so that it looks like regular glasses or sunglasses, not the weird goggles.

Still, beyond geeks, who wants to have a HUD all the time?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:12 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by wco81
Well they're working on designs so that it looks like regular glasses or sunglasses, not the weird goggles.

Still, beyond geeks, who wants to have a HUD all the time?
Well it could be useful in many fields. From medicine to police and firefighters to even the hospitalaity market. The uses are there. The programming is missing.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I hope I'm never in a situation where I have to ask someone to remove these ridiculous glasses before I talk to them.
I would ask them if they had lost the grown-up that they were with.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:29 am

I tried it one time, really amazing. I don't know what the future will be, but this is a huge step.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just noticed "gl.......s" ! Well done that person, I shall use it liberally !
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:32 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'

Originally Posted by ScottC
Any other Glass holes here?
Yes and no. I have a pair, but don't wear them as often as I may want to hoping to avoid that label and any issues/drama/violence. I'm a bit surprised and annoyed that the public still hasn't calmed down and become a bit more accepting of Google Glass wearers. It's all become so polarized and overblown. I honestly believe that if more people had access to Glass, the mystery and scariness would start to fade.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut
Yes and no. I have a pair, but don't wear them as often as I may want to hoping to avoid that label and any issues/drama/violence. I'm a bit surprised and annoyed that the public still hasn't calmed down and become a bit more accepting of Google Glass wearers. It's all become so polarized and overblown. I honestly believe that if more people had access to Glass, the mystery and scariness would start to fade.
Look, it's just not gonna happen, you all look stupid, it's more annoying to people than people texting when you are trying to talk to them or the "do you mind if I take this?"....seriously....people just don't look grown up with it....
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Look, it's just not gonna happen, you all look stupid, it's more annoying to people than people texting when you are trying to talk to them or the "do you mind if I take this?"....seriously....people just don't look grown up with it....
That is the first time I've heard "not grown up" with them on. Most kids don't walk around with $1500 glasses. In my experience, the reactions are a mix of interest in the technology, jealousy and just pain mean spirited reactions. Thankfully, the vast majority of people are just very interested in it, and I gladly let anyone try them on. Yes, there are stares from people who clearly think you look like a dork, but no grown up should really have to care.

Your comments sound like what I hear from people who either don't understand the product, or who have never actually tried them on.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), VA Gold
As someone with Glass, and as someone who does not wear it constantly, I'd have to say it has its benefits but is still young. To say "look, it's just not gonna happen" is a little stuck in mud, and I'd wager that it was said many times about phones, and smart phones, and computers in schools, and... It's at least fascinating to see how polarizing something can be among people.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:34 am
Suspended

What is the point of the product, to have the web in your face all the time?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wco81
What is the point of the product, to have the web in your face all the time?
If you have to ask, then it clearly won't benefit you.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:20 pm
Suspended

If you can't succinctly express why you paid $1500 for an unproven product, you obviously don't know what benefits it's delivering.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: AADULtArer
We have banned them from the workplace officially, in our employee handbook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.