Reload this Page >

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:26 am

any discounts / offers still active on the 20i 's?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
Just received my QC20 today,
I am VERY impressed with the NC, my QC15 can retire now.

I bought it for $200CAD
http://www.sigelectronics.com/Electr...ing-Headphones
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by EG8196
Just received my QC20 today,
I am VERY impressed with the NC, my QC15 can retire now.

I bought it for $200CAD
http://www.sigelectronics.com/Electr...ing-Headphones
Great price, but they are sold out
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Great price, but they are sold out
And showing $329 and not $200???
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
And showing $329 and not $200???
I still see CAD 199, but sold out
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
I used some QC15’s for the first time on a recent flight and was blown away by the NC. I’ll be travelling a lot soon and packing light so they will be a bit too big to carry around, so obviously I’m looking at the QC20i’s.

Is the noise cancelling as good as the QC15’s? I suspect that given the 15’s are over the ear they would be much better, if the difference is minimal though I would be very tempted by the new QC20.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:51 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Programs: AA EXP | EX UA 1K | Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by yokozuma
I used some QC15’s for the first time on a recent flight and was blown away by the NC. I’ll be travelling a lot soon and packing light so they will be a bit too big to carry around, so obviously I’m looking at the QC20i’s.

Is the noise cancelling as good as the QC15’s? I suspect that given the 15’s are over the ear they would be much better, if the difference is minimal though I would be very tempted by the new QC20.
I had the QC15's and recently upgraded to the QC20i's and I think the noise canceling is actually better with the 20's. I absolutely love the in-ear. It's extremely comfortable, easy to toggle the noise canceling on/off, and the size and portability can't be beat.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by reinmedia
I had the QC15's and recently upgraded to the QC20i's and I think the noise canceling is actually better with the 20's. I absolutely love the in-ear. It's extremely comfortable, easy to toggle the noise canceling on/off, and the size and portability can't be beat.
x2, IMO, QC20's NC is better than QC15
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Thanks that’s definitely made my mind up then!

Just wish I’d got them recently when I was in New York. They are so much more expensive in the UK
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:24 am

Bose QC20 vs Sennheiser CXC700

NC:
QC20 wins

Sound Quality:
CXC700 wins
Bass is more solid, and better high frequency response

Comfort:
QC20 wins

Convenience:
QC20 wins
CXC700's battery compartment is too large, and the cable is too long
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Just for my Bose QC 20i (iPhone Version) for use with my NON -iPhone Blackberry Z30. Yes NON apple QC20i.

For all those on the fence, it works! All features on the remote works!!! Everything. Best part is I can also use it on my apple products.

SO... lesson learned here is... TRY the apple version QC 20i first. Bose will tell you it 'may not' work all the time and into the future but I highly doubt that. Why pay the same price for a QC20 and not have volume control?

Oh when I mean it all works, I also mean activation on voice control and song skipping works too.

I am overjoyed.

The Bose QC20i was purchased to complement my Bose QC3 which I also love. The reason why I got the smaller in-ear QC20i is due to my current commute and I wanted to remain more conspicuous on the subways. Didn't want any undue attention.

Either way, both are great great units. I am not a audio purist so those that are, please note I am by far not an expert in high end headset sounds. This is merely my personal observation.

Noise cancellation is excellent and definitely not worse than the QC3.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
A quick update.

I bought my QC20's last August right around when they became available (AMEX MR points). One of the cables got nicked and I could see some wire and I felt that the sound levels were not constant (sometimes it seemed that it would be louder and then dampened). I called Bose and they said they would warranty them if I sent them in. I asked if I could in-store exchange and they said it was up to the store. I called a nearby store - the manager said he would so I exchanged them in-store.

Great service and I do think the new pair sound better (maybe some psychology in that).
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57
A quick update.

I bought my QC20's last August right around when they became available (AMEX MR points). One of the cables got nicked and I could see some wire and I felt that the sound levels were not constant (sometimes it seemed that it would be louder and then dampened). I called Bose and they said they would warranty them if I sent them in. I asked if I could in-store exchange and they said it was up to the store. I called a nearby store - the manager said he would so I exchanged them in-store.

Great service and I do think the new pair sound better (maybe some psychology in that).
How do you like them? I still have my QC3's and not sure if I should let them go or not.

I know I can wear the QC3's for 14 hours straight with no issues. Not sure if the QC 20i will be the same with respect to comfort.

Thoughts?

I may just keep the QC3's at home for use with the computer.....
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Just for my Bose QC 20i (iPhone Version) for use with my NON -iPhone Blackberry Z30. Yes NON apple QC20i.

For all those on the fence, it works! All features on the remote works!!! Everything. Best part is I can also use it on my apple products.

SO... lesson learned here is... TRY the apple version QC 20i first. Bose will tell you it 'may not' work all the time and into the future but I highly doubt that. Why pay the same price for a QC20 and not have volume control?

Oh when I mean it all works, I also mean activation on voice control and song skipping works too.

I am overjoyed.

The Bose QC20i was purchased to complement my Bose QC3 which I also love. The reason why I got the smaller in-ear QC20i is due to my current commute and I wanted to remain more conspicuous on the subways. Didn't want any undue attention.

Either way, both are great great units. I am not a audio purist so those that are, please note I am by far not an expert in high end headset sounds. This is merely my personal observation.

Noise cancellation is excellent and definitely not worse than the QC3.
The only things that may not have worked would have been the buttons. Apple uses a different arrangement for the contacts in the headphone jack than the rest of the world, which is why headphones for Apple products will usually only have center button functionality on other devices.

So, for example, on my Nexus 5, I can only play/pause/rewind/fast forward with the center button, but can't change volume with the volume buttons. Microphone and audio still work. No big loss.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by mynameisvlad
The only things that may not have worked would have been the buttons. Apple uses a different arrangement for the contacts in the headphone jack than the rest of the world, which is why headphones for Apple products will usually only have center button functionality on other devices.

So, for example, on my Nexus 5, I can only play/pause/rewind/fast forward with the center button, but can't change volume with the volume buttons. Microphone and audio still work. No big loss.
Exactly. Thats why it's best to buy the Apple version so 'in case' you end up using an Apple device, you have the extra buttons available.

JUST one note of caution. I found for my phone, I had to make sure the unit is plugged into the earphone jack FIRST before turning it on. IF I plugged the QC20i's into the phone while on, I occasionally get these weird clicking noises.... very very muted but I can hear them when there is no music playing. It seems like there is some slight interference between the Bose and the phone. Like it is automatically setting the volume.

Again, not a big deal. Just make sure you plug it in first BEFORE you turn it on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.