Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I have this and absolutely love it:

http://www.beaconaudio.com/products/the-blazar
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by uk1
Small but heavy and I paid £140. They are startling.
thanks for your response :-). Good to know what I need to save up for next :-)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:48 pm

I have the original Jambox, is rugged for its size, takes a beating, and it stills sound good. If I had the money, I would definitely would go for the mini-jambox though...
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:07 am

This is a few dollars more but I love my Bose Mini Soundlink. It's built like a tank and sounds amazing for how small it is (though not ultralight). I went through several other brands before this came out and I use it all the time and would highly recommend. I think it was $200, but so worth the extra $ to me.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:20 pm

The Mini Jambox is pretty impressive. It's currently going as low as $126.58 (depends on color you choose) on Amazon.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
The Mini Jambox is pretty impressive. It's currently going as low as $126.58 (depends on color you choose) on Amazon.
I have a Mini Jambox and I'm quite happy with it.

Regards
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:18 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by besttravelgear
This is a few dollars more but I love my Bose Mini Soundlink. It's built like a tank and sounds amazing for how small it is (though not ultralight). I went through several other brands before this came out and I use it all the time and would highly recommend. I think it was $200, but so worth the extra $ to me.
Having got a few boxes, I believe that anyone hearing the Bose will not be content with much else. I still stare at it unable to believe the sound v size.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uk1
Having got a few boxes, I believe that anyone hearing the Bose will not be content with much else. I still stare at it unable to believe the sound v size.
I would stare at it and wonder how in the world they left out a speakerphone feature, which almost all of their competitor products did include...

That is a huge miss...

Regards
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:17 pm

I'm not sure if it's possible to get one any more, but Monoprice's 9953 Bluetooth speaker is my go-to travel speaker. It's only about 2" tall, about as round, only mono, but it really can belt it out. Unlike most small speakers it actually has a decent low-end to it. The trick is that it has a tweeter on top and the bass transducer is directly connected to the base of it, so it sends the bass through whatever surface it is sitting on. With many of the hotels I've stayed at, I was getting well into the 80Hz range solidly, with almost a whole octave lower than that very faintly.

Don't get me wrong, it's no Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus, but for $40 and being 2"x2" it was phenomenal. I'm disappointed that they seem to have stopped selling them as I was planning on using some of them for an upcoming office remodel as hidden ceiling speakers.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I just got these for a trip I'm leaving on this week:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ihome-mi...FdBqfgodRRAASQ

It got good review at iLounge so I thought I'd give it a try.

It's thicker than a Logitech speaker dock I have but of course the footprint is much less.

The idea is to pair this to my iPad while keeping another bluetooth speaker dock paired to my iPhone. I wasn't able to easily pair both devices to the speaker dock, really found I had to unpair one and re-pair the other, for it to really work.

So it's noisy when I'm using the Tivo app. on my iPad. Kind of like old radio static, a low din when there isn't a signal playing.

Same thing when I connect an old iPod via the Aux in cable that came with it.

I guess the shielding or cabling isn't the best on these things?

Do other portable speakers have this noisiness?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well besides the hiss and hum (iHome says a certain amount of hiss is normal), the iHome didn't recharge once I got to France.

Completely useless.

Returned it yesterday.

Lots of "best" lists of speakers, including this one:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-th...ers-under-200/

Seems like you have to be wary of some of these brands which aren't sold at retail.

The Braven sounds interesting, particularly the water resistant model.

There is also this one from Cambridge:

http://www.amazon.com/Oontz-Ultra-po...keywords=oontz

But the smaller size may work against the output.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

portable speakers

I thought we could discuss portable bluetooth or wifi speakers.

These two that I have are Bluetooth:

I sometimes travel with a Foxl Soundmatters foxLv2 Bluetooth speaker which is fantastic sounding, tiny and neat...their newer one is here. It its in my computer case and I love it.

I recently got a Bose Soundlink 3, which is the upper end in terms of size...WAY bigger, but still portable for trips...think the 1970s era table or portable radio in size...it has fantastic sound and great battery life.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
Another vote for the Jawbone Jambox speakers.

I keep one the Mini Jambox in my backpack, and also have the Big Jambox at home that I'll take to backyard BBQ's, etc.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: Global Entry, TSA PreCheck, UA Premier, Marriott Titanium Elite
+1 on the Jawbone Mini Jambox. I keep mine in my backpack as well. I love the Bluetooth as well as an available audio jack for my non-BT MP3 player.

http://www.amazon.com/JAMBOX-Jawbone.../dp/B00DVKORXC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.