Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

"Best" Portable Speakers

"Best" Portable Speakers

Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I LOVE my Logitech Boombox speakers. Everytime I pull them out, my friends can't believe how great they sound and want to buy them immediately (later they seem to talk themselves out of it.

I velcro'd it to the front of my motorbike for sound on the go. Pairs great with my iPhone and even better it remembers it. Painless.

I can vouch for the 8 hrs battery life too which blows my mind.

Best gadget I bought last year.

It's also has motion control: just wave your hand up and down and the volume goes up and down.

"Motion Control" works best if you have your other hand in your pocket on your iphone volume control.......great gag.....do it first, then everyone wants to try. I've people dancing around the room raising and lowering the volume. Best gag of the year too
Old Dec 12, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
JBL's Flip will be on sale next week at Target for $100 (reg. $150) & 5% off with REDcardm, free shipping.

BestBuy has the Sony BTX300 Speaker w. NFC technologies on sale for $130 (reg. $200) The Big Blue Live is doing well & taken it on 2 cruises this year alone, perfect for the stateroom - Brookstone has it on sale for $79 in store.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
JBL's Flip will be on sale next week at Target for $100 (reg. $150) & 5% off with REDcardm, free shipping.
Or... you could just buy the JBL Flip, on any week, from Amazon.com, $99. No sale or REDcardm required.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Wireless-B...words=JBL+flip

Regards
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Since I upgraded my iPhone to the 5S, and haven't been able to use it in my boombox at work, I've been wanting something new that I could use with the new phone.

Initially I got some sort of iHome Bluetooth speaker for Christmas. It sounded ok at home, so I took it to the office last week. It sounded just dreadful. I put it back in the box, and took out my old boombox and my iPhone 4 (that I keep in my backpack) and the difference wasn't even comparable.

So we returned that, and in place I got a Jawbone Big Jambox. I had gotten my other half the original Jambox when it first came out, and the quality of that was good, so I had high expectations of this--and so far it is living up to them. I still don't think it is quite as good as the old boombox with phone directly plugged in, but I don't know if anything will be. But for a portable Bluetooth speaker, it is pretty darn good.
It has this, "live theater," setting which is really interesting for some songs.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:17 pm
uk1
Suspended

The new Bose Link Mini is stunning. Very happy with it. ^
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by uk1
How portable is it? What deal did you get it on?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:34 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Small but heavy and I paid Ł140. They are startling.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cblaisd
My hero Thank you.
I just got the same one (HMDX JAM) I'm very happy with it. It came in a cute case that looks like a jar of jam.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R6HUDK/...0YECSSJ2VPDGW2
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by uk1
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
It's important to point out that the Bose does NOT have speakerphone support, if that is important to you in one of these devices. That was a show stopper for me or I surely would have purchased the Bose.

Regards
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by uk1
It's brilliant!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM
http://gprojectgear.com/products/g-grip

Best Ive found...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a Jambox Mini for Christmas - amazing- even better than the original Jambox IMHO.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by ScottC
Got a Jambox Mini for Christmas - amazing- even better than the original Jambox IMHO.
That's encouraging to hear Scott; I've been on the fence for the JBL Flip vs. the Jambox Mini. Costco actually has a great deal on the Mini right now; I believe they were offering it for $119 when we were there this past weekend.

Have you tried the speakerphone capability? That is somewhat important to my wife and I.

Regards
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubadu
That's encouraging to hear Scott; I've been on the fence for the JBL Flip vs. the Jambox Mini. Costco actually has a great deal on the Mini right now; I believe they were offering it for $119 when we were there this past weekend.

Have you tried the speakerphone capability? That is somewhat important to my wife and I.

Regards
People on the other end of my calls can not tell that I'm on a speakerphone.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
As an update I picked up the Jambox Mini tonight. I nearly went with the Bose Soundlink but a quick check of Amazon showed that they had the grey Mini's for $138. Best Buy price matches products sold directly by Amazon, and I had a $75 credit from points. Easy decision at that point since I got it for about $80 with taxes. Been happy with it so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.