Search

ATT iPhone International

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: ✈ UA 1K / Hilton Gold / Hertz Gold
Never had 4G LTE Roaming in Bangkok. The new iPhone 5s sees the different LTE providers, but once I choose them, no signal. 3G is all I ever had. Been roaming on the unlimited international data for years with AT&T.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

I've been told to simply shut LTE off when roaming abroad. I just got back from Costa Rica and did 1.5 gigs down there including tons of VOIP Over HSPA, streaming the BBC, etc. I'm content.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by kupe
If you are referring to the ATT Unlimited International Data Plan for iPhone...

It is a grandfathered add-on to the old Domestic Unlimited iPhone Data Plan. That Unlimited Domestic plan (no longer available) was $30/month. The unlimited International add-on was an additional $34.99. So total is $64.99/month. To qualify, you needed to be a corporate customer on a Premier Corporate FAN account plan and have an unlimited Domestic data plan.

Now, if by chance you have retained your old Domestic Unlimited iPhone Data Plan with ATT, and you are on a corporate FAN account plan, you may be able to still activate this plan. Call Customer service (it will be the number provided to you as a corporate premier customer) and ask for the International Desk. Tell them you are enquiring about the iPhone Unlimited International Data plan.

Hope this helps.
Anyone been able to actually transfer a grandfathered international unlimited data plan from an actual corporate (group) plan to a FAN account (employee discount, but individual responsiblity) plan? I'm grandfathered on it on a line paid by work, but want to move it to an individual line.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by wwu123
Anyone been able to actually transfer a grandfathered international unlimited data plan from an actual corporate (group) plan to a FAN account (employee discount, but individual responsiblity) plan? I'm grandfathered on it on a line paid by work, but want to move it to an individual line.
I haven't tried that but my grandfathered unlimited international plan is on a FAN account rather than a corporate account. So you can have that plan on a FAN. But I don't know about the transfer part.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:29 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Only Rogers in Canada has LTE roaming agreements with AT&T, and that started today.

That said, you can't get the plan anymore whether or not you have unlimited data. Only those who already have it can keep it.

Just a new thing I noticed is they are starting to throttle international data usage as well at 5GB.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Five gigs is still better than 3 gigs. This is one of the reasons I jumped to a 5s from my 4s. I don't think TMobile's alternative is as good for me, but I am delighted it is there. I keep bracing for the day that my wife and I lose ATT's offering.

Elsewhere on this forum, people talk about how roaming SIMs don't make a great deal for most people, but when used in conjunction with my iPhone International, I feel like the world is my coverage area. I push my inbound calls to my roaming SIM (which is in my little Nokia Asha pentaband) and send callback calls from my iPhone from it when I am in situations where VOIP Over HSPA+ isn't practical. Things are great. Meanwhile, by the time I come off contract in 2015, I think international roaming generally will be far cheaper. I'm looking at what TMobile, Vodafone AU, 3 UK, and others have done. The world will be a different place.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:47 am

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Hi all, resurrecting an old thread, but this morning I pre-ordered an IP6 and since I have a FAN I went through the Premier website. It never once asked me to change plans and I have a very old grandfathered Unlimited International / Domestic Data plan. This was the first time it never asked to change plans as I tried with the 5S a year ago for giggles.

YMMV, but wish me luck.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:06 am

Location: Atlanta is home, but 2 weeks a month in Europe, South America, and Asia
Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, ATT Unlimited Worldwide LTE, Global Entry, Petsmart Dog Dad
Originally Posted by gwade
Hi all, resurrecting an old thread, but this morning I pre-ordered an IP6 and since I have a FAN I went through the Premier website. It never once asked me to change plans and I have a very old grandfathered Unlimited International / Domestic Data plan. This was the first time it never asked to change plans as I tried with the 5S a year ago for giggles.

YMMV, but wish me luck.
Oooooh very jealous LOL! I have the same grandfathered Unlimited World Data Plan with ATT, but alas I have another year to go on my current ATT iPhone 5S contract.

FWIW, I have migrated that plan from three different iPhones over the years and always had to call the Premier desk since somehow the International component never makes it on the first try. But don't worry, they always straighten it out for me right away.

Also been very pleased lately that on my most recent trips to Europe, I was getting LTE roaming in London, Paris, and Amsterdam on my iPhone 5S. Gotta love it!

Let us know how it goes- definitely hope to hear that they are honoring this plan on the iPhone 6.

Kupe
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:47 am

YMMV, but wish me luck.
Originally Posted by kupe
Oooooh very jealous LOL! I have the same grandfathered Unlimited World Data Plan with ATT, but alas I have another year to go on my current ATT iPhone 5S contract.

FWIW, I have migrated that plan from three different iPhones over the years and always had to call the Premier desk since somehow the International component never makes it on the first try. But don't worry, they always straighten it out for me right away.

Also been very pleased lately that on my most recent trips to Europe, I was getting LTE roaming in London, Paris, and Amsterdam on my iPhone 5S. Gotta love it!

Let us know how it goes- definitely hope to hear that they are honoring this plan on the iPhone 6.

Kupe
Outstanding. I also have the grandfathered unlimited international data on a FAN and I am due for an upgrade. Thanks for posting this.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:42 pm

Delivery date end of October!

Will have to wait to see if it's all successful.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:49 pm

Update: On my "customer service summary" my data plan was dropped off. I called Premier and they said DO NOT activate my phone via online or the phone menu, only activate it with a Premier agent. It looks that if I automatically activate it, it will kick out the data plan. They show in my record my new data plan as IRPZJ (4G LTE version of IRPZHB which is what I used to have) so they seem to know what they are talking about. While my phone is waiting for me at home, not sure when I'll have time to call an activate, but I'll report on success when complete.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:23 pm

Update: On my "customer service summary" my data plan was dropped off. I called Premier and they said DO NOT activate my phone via online or the phone menu, only activate it with a Premier agent. It looks that if I automatically activate it, it will kick out the data plan. They show in my record my new data plan as IRPZJ (4G LTE version of IRPZHB which is what I used to have) so they seem to know what they are talking about. While my phone is waiting for me at home, not sure when I'll have time to call an activate, but I'll report on success when complete.
Very useful information. I'm going to an ATT corporate store to do mine. Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Very useful information. I'm going to an ATT corporate store to do mine. Thanks.
If they don't know what they are doing, ask for them to check with a supervisor, or just call the Premier line.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:40 pm

If they don't know what they are doing, ask for them to check with a supervisor, or just call the Premier line.
Thanks. There is a corporate store near where I work. They have a few old FAN accounts. They called in last time and had it kept on the account. It took some work but they seemed to handle it well. I have to go there anyway for some other lines, on iPads, so I will do it all at once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.