Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boingo has $4.98/mth special + $25 Amazon card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
When you say "instant Amazon credit," do you mean that if you use the same email as your Amazon account, it instantly posts to that?
The email address doesn't matter. Once you receive the code (to any email address - or even if someone just read it to you), you can paste it into the entry field within any Amazon Account and the credit will be applied to that account instantly.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Ok, thanks.

I signed up a couple of hours ago and have had nothing from Boingo.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:23 am

Ok, thanks.

I signed up a couple of hours ago and have had nothing from Boingo.
I didn't get an email confirmation either, but that shouldn't matter. The gift card isn't supposed to be sent for 60 days. As long as you have a screen shot of the offer and your account is active (log in to verify), then you're set. When 60 days plus a couple more for good measure pass, if it hasn't arrived on its own, just contact them with the screenshot and your account info and ask for the $25 card. In the meantime, enjoy the free WiFi. I don't need it, but I have a couple friends who will make good use of the account
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:10 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Ok, thanks. Reminder in my calendar two months from now.

What confused me was your phrase "you'll get $25 in instant Amazon credit"

Will give my new account a try later today
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:25 pm

Got my $25 Amazon GC with no problem. Allowed some family members to use the Boingo Third $4.98 charge hits before you get the card, so in the end, you pay (3 x $4.98) = $14.94. In exchange, you get $25 in Amazon credit and ~3 months of Boingo WiFi.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Lifemiles Gold, COPA 1K, Hhonors Diamond, Carlson Gold
These people are scammers

Do not waste your time with this scam

I cancelled within a day of signing up for this service. They continued to charge for a further four months, despite repeated requests to stop charging. In the end I had to cancel my card and open a new account.

Why does the FCA not clamp down on this scam?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by JohanSlam

I cancelled within a day of signing up for this service. They continued to charge for a further four months, despite repeated requests to stop charging. In the end I had to cancel my card and open a new account.

I had no issues at all. Why not just get an email confirmation of your cancellation? You always have the right to charge back incorrect charges.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:20 pm

Just wanted to note that this deal still works. My first one was up, canceled after receiving notice of the Amazon gift card, signed up again with a different email address and payment method.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:11 pm

Just wanted to note that this deal still works. My first one was up, canceled after receiving notice of the Amazon gift card, signed up again with a different email address and payment method.
I was going to say the same (that it's still active).

I also re-registered, but 4x (family members). Easy. Giving the access to friends/employees who can use it for the 90 days.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JohanSlam

I've used Boingo a couple times a year over the past few years. When I call they cancel my account immediately, and either charge me for the amount I owe or pro-rate the rate I paid. It's never been an issue. One time I did pay an extra month, but that was my fault for forgetting to cancel at the end of the promo period.

Just curious - why did you cancel 1 day after signing up?

Cheers.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've used Boingo a couple times a year over the past few years. When I call they cancel my account immediately, and either charge me for the amount I owe or pro-rate the rate I paid. It's never been an issue.
You can cancel online, too, and document the confirmation message.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:56 pm

On my account page, there was no cancel button. I simply emailed customer service and had a cancellation confirmation within 12 hours.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:58 pm

Special BACK and it's avail for EVERYONE

Go to boingo.com and it's showing up with no special codes needed. $4.98/month for 3 months + $25 amazon gift card.

I just got my gift card code two weeks ago after messaging boingo since it didn't arrive automatically. Cancelled account a week ago, trying again today!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:15 am

When, after a week, the gift card hadn't arrived, I emailed customer service about the missing Amazon card, and got an email with it within 36 hours of my sending the request.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:02 pm

Took about 4 email exchanges and 1 week later finally got my $25 code. A small hassle but still worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.