Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Is anyone still hosting a Gmail blackberry app download site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 9:56 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I think it's silly for Gmail to yank the blackberry app completely from being downloaded, even if they're not supporting it, but such is life. Anyway, I still have it on my phone.

But a colleague who got a replacement phone, for example, can't download it any more, and I'm not clever enough to try to transfer the app to him.

Do you all know if anyone is bootlegging some kind of installation site for the Blackberry gmail app still? I'm sure some devoted fan has thought of this, and there must be a group somewhere that wants to keep it alive...

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
You can (and should) back up your 3rd party apps. Here is a link that explains how:

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...updated-53201/

Once you do that you won't have to worry about some site that may not be there the next time you wipe or replace a device. That said, newer OS6 and OS7 devices don't work well with that app - so if your friend has one of those he is SOL anyway.

On OS7 I just use the native RIM email client since it supports the tags and grouping functions of gmail anyway. If you need another alternative, such as to search old mail not on your BB, the iPhone gmail site works well on OS6/OS7. Here is the link:

https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/972/#tl/Inbox

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Nov 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:30 am
Suspended

Huge ditto for this request. Hell I'd pay for this app. But I can't download it on new device and haven't found anyone hosting it. I don't understand why Google would kill the link. I though their motto was do no evil. This is evil, pure evil.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 8:06 am

Gmail BB

Hey Guys!

I bricked my curve just two days after the Google shutdown of the Gmail App for BB.

I searched frantically and only found this post that really worked:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...x-files-124684

You have to install the Gmail App manually with the USB cable and the desktop manager but it's works.

There's this one that you can install over the air but on my curve I had an error:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-672195/

Enjoy,

Intravino
www.carplugs.com

Last edited by intravino; Nov 27, 2011 at 8:02 pm
Old Nov 26, 2011, 9:52 pm
g11

Programs: SPG Gold, Sixt Gold
Gmail 2.0.7

from - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-672195/
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:01 pm

Gmail 2.0.7

from - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-672195/[/url]
It works only with the Bold 96XX. I tried on my curve and I had an error.

This link is better because it works on all BB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...x-files-124684

Intravino
www.carplugs.com
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:34 am

Thumbs up Here's one...

I too upgraded a phone recently and lost the app.
Good news... I found this link & it worked great... I run a Blackberry Torch 9810 and this link loaded the app right up, no problem.

http://goo.gl/3b1Ke
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I have a working ALX and COD file with GMail 2.0.6 for BB OS 4.0 and higher.

PM me and I can email you a copy.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
This is the best link - direct OTA to your BB:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11307286/Gmail_2.0.7/Gmail.jad
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:01 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by razflyer
This is the best link - direct OTA to your BB:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11307286/Gmail_2.0.7/Gmail.jad
I installed it but I got the following "Error starting GoogleMail: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.Touch Event' not found."

Could someone help me, please!

PP I'm using 8520 Curve.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:50 am

Red face blackberry vs. toys.

We keep losing serious apps yEt the majority of us are seriousminded business owners or needing multiple accounts and fast. The g search was really convenient espc for local searches.

I just got my replacement today and what do you know another thing bites the dust.

I have plausible ideas and existential ones on these TOYS people call smartphones. The iphone is ridiculous. It has a 3-5 minute delay behind blackcerry I can't afford that. It alos comes woth features u cannot remove. A swoosh sound for outgoing text is permanent. And the rapid introduction of a new model almost _ what every year? If the owners had brains they'd deduce in a business nodel a phone needing thjis many upgrades is flawed. Yet its crack for the users.

ANd its illogical. As a smart phone user u need 2 batteries. Most of these people don't bring their chargers. And Apparently Since its built like a computer I'm told it takes 20 min minimum to reboot. I can't have that.

These androids. I have had 3 assistants I had to but bb's for. The inefficient models cause bad reception , the screens always crack. And they look like somEthong for a teenager.

And yet why is the bb feeling like its being phased out? We are not going to buy those stupid ohones. Unlike others we actually need to do business. Lol.

Where it gets frihghtening to me with apple is thjem making things too Easy and unaccountable. I happen to like doing thinhs for myself. But most 20year olds I meet don't. They have no manners and if I'm speaking to them they hide their phones and facebook.

I sEe girls at shjowings of twilight just for this purpose: to watch hjow pathetic it is that a movie isn't enoigh all of them on their phones ight up the theatre.

I think apple is making too many apps. One day it'll make an app called " we do yout business" then u won't have to go to the washroon.

Or maybe "coma and dream" u don't have to live just foLlow the instructions and dram the rest of your life and live in a coma.

At least bb maintains worling on apps that are more anbouit productivity.

I am sure with the 2 new babies coming out all will return in order foir us to upgrade and it all will be right as rain. Hey iys cliche but its a better buisiness model.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by bustyblondebb
We keep losing serious apps yEt the majority of us are seriousminded business owners or needing multiple accounts and fast. The g search was really convenient espc for local searches.

I just got my replacement today and what do you know another thing bites the dust.

I have plausible ideas and existential ones on these TOYS people call smartphones. The iphone is ridiculous. It has a 3-5 minute delay behind blackcerry I can't afford that. It alos comes woth features u cannot remove. A swoosh sound for outgoing text is permanent. And the rapid introduction of a new model almost _ what every year? If the owners had brains they'd deduce in a business nodel a phone needing thjis many upgrades is flawed. Yet its crack for the users.

ANd its illogical. As a smart phone user u need 2 batteries. Most of these people don't bring their chargers. And Apparently Since its built like a computer I'm told it takes 20 min minimum to reboot. I can't have that.

These androids. I have had 3 assistants I had to but bb's for. The inefficient models cause bad reception , the screens always crack. And they look like somEthong for a teenager.

And yet why is the bb feeling like its being phased out? We are not going to buy those stupid ohones. Unlike others we actually need to do business. Lol.

Where it gets frihghtening to me with apple is thjem making things too Easy and unaccountable. I happen to like doing thinhs for myself. But most 20year olds I meet don't. They have no manners and if I'm speaking to them they hide their phones and facebook.

I sEe girls at shjowings of twilight just for this purpose: to watch hjow pathetic it is that a movie isn't enoigh all of them on their phones ight up the theatre.

I think apple is making too many apps. One day it'll make an app called " we do yout business" then u won't have to go to the washroon.

Or maybe "coma and dream" u don't have to live just foLlow the instructions and dram the rest of your life and live in a coma.

At least bb maintains worling on apps that are more anbouit productivity.

I am sure with the 2 new babies coming out all will return in order foir us to upgrade and it all will be right as rain. Hey iys cliche but its a better buisiness model.
I see that physical keyboard's working out great for you.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Closed pending review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.