Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

can TMobile German WebNWalk stick be used with other services?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

I bought a TMobile stick for WebNWalk service a few summers ago, really worked well for me in Germany and I could by more time at grocery stores at the credit card terminal - very convenient!

I will be in Iceland for a few weeks and note they have prepaid broadband plans at acceptable price points, and these mention putting the SIM into a broadband stick and you're good to go.

Would this likely work with the stick I bought from TMobile in Germany, it's a model E160G HSDPA USB stick, with a removable SIM.

I don't know if these things are "locked" or have proprietary firmware, etc. The TMobile Sim has the installation software right on it to run the service.

If anyone can offer enlightenment on this I would be grateful. If the stick definitely will not work and anyone has any idea of how much I'd have to pay for a stick that would work that info would be useful also, I can't find anything on that on the provider pages of Siminn or Vodafone

regards,

NewK2
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It all hinges on whether the stick is locked to a T-mobile Germany SIM. Only T-mobile can tell you, and if it is locked they will probably give you an unlock code. If not, look here.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

thanks

thanks Gfunkdave, those links did the trick, appears to have unlocked the stick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.