Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going all Ipad

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winyan
My biggest problem just traveling w/iPad is font size in emails/texts. You cannot change it.

Any ideas?
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You can adjust the font size under General - Accessibility - Large Text.
Old May 9, 2013, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Pinch zoom?
Old May 10, 2013, 2:51 pm

Thanks Dave and wco, trouble is, I've recipients w/bad eyesight with whom I can exchange correspondence in a regular laptop by sizing my text in my OUTgoing mail extra large, but on the iPad that cannot be done.

*LOL* I get grousing all the time when I respond w/iPad or iPhone.

win
Old May 10, 2013, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What kind of computers do your recipients have?

They may be able to increase the font size.

Otherwise, I Google and saw this, how to change the settings for the font that you send.

http://glasskeys.com/2011/03/07/how-...ad-and-iphone/
Old May 12, 2013, 10:52 am

Thank you, thank you, wco81, wrote email in notes, then cut and pasted it into gmail, and that seemed to do the trick when I emailed myself. Hopefully correspondents will get larger text as well. I use a mac/iphone/ipad, recipients are mostly windows, except for one ipad.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

japan has had ultralight laptops forever, now theyre so available outside japan, dynamism is selling other stuff
Old May 12, 2013, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
japan has had ultralight laptops forever, now theyre so available outside japan, dynamism is selling other stuff
Yes. And the few people who went in that direction in the past use tablets now in my experience. Ultralight notebooks are VERY expensive compared to tablets. And for most people a tablet is enough at least for most of their use.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: Skywards
Wanted to just touch base and wanted to hear from others who've made the switch and what their thoughts are?

Did anyone move to iPad and then back to laptop? What were the factors involved?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Wanted to just touch base and wanted to hear from others who've made the switch and what their thoughts are?

Did anyone move to iPad and then back to laptop? What were the factors involved?
I still use both but the tablet more and more. Presentations, writing, with pages or Google Docs and of course email and web use.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1P, GlobalEntry, StarwoodPlat
I just finished an experiment, three months on the road with only my ipad and a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard. I only missed the laptop when having to type up something longer than a few pages or anything where a mouse helps, manipulating/editing images. Tablets have a ways to go yet, but I don't envision needing to ever buy a replacement for my laptop. A couple more generations of tablets and tablet-specific applications and RIP laptop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.