Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Replace your Bose headphones for 89$

Replace your Bose headphones for 89$

Old Jun 14, 2010, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Smile Replace your Bose headphones for 89$

This may be the wrong place to post this but i suspect many of you have Bose noise canceling headphones. This week I took mine in to a Bose store to see if I could buy new ear cushions, mine were starting to come apart. the salesman told me I could get new cushions OR trade my 5 year old old model ones for the brand new super duper QuietComfort15s{300$} for only 89 bucks. Apparently they do not advertise this program but If your old headphones are "defective" in any way you can make this trade.
Heck of a deal...

Last edited by scoobaboy; Jun 14, 2010 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
This topic would be a good fit on the Travel Technology forum.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Shure has a (somewhat) similar "repair/replacement" service for its out-of-warranty noise isolation earphones.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
There have been a few threads about people having both good and bad luck doing this in the past, some at the stores, some by calling customer service.

I wish they would just make it an official program so we didn't have to go place to place hoping somebody has heard of it.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
This is all in the following forum. prices and success vary by location and issues with the headphones.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...eadphones.html
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
This thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-new-post.html, has a lot of FTers that have been able to trade in their old QC-2s for a pair of QC-15s. Some for $100. However, I was able to trade-in my QC-2s for a brand new pair of QC-15s for FREE!

Good Luck!
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Varies? My QC3 broke, I called Bose Canada they offered me an exchange for a bit less than a hundred. Did not sound like 'varies'.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Will this work in Europe as well?
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by barte
Will this work in Europe as well?
I dunno, Bose Germany swapped the QC3 some years back for free when the poor thing broke Call 'em. Bose costs but they stand behind it or so it seems. And yes, I am on my third QC3 but i bought it used years ago and (ab)used it quite a lot.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 2:15 am

I bought my Bose QC headphone from Hammacher Schlemmer a long time ago. A few weeks ago, the left channel started to sound a LOT quieter than the right channel. The warranty had expired a long time ago. I took it to the local Bose store to see if they could fix it... No... they said it couldn't be repaired, but did offer me the "upgrade" option. I declined.

When I came home, I called Hammacher Schlemmer and told them what had happened. A very friendly CS rep looked into it and asked me to sent the hedphones back. She said I would be issued a full refund because they no loger carry that old model(or any Bose QC headphones for that matter) A week after I sent the headphones back, I got a check for the full refund, as well as a letter apologizing for my experience.

I really gotta hand it to the folks at Hammacher Schlemmer.... They really do stand behind everything they sell with a lifetime unconditional guarantee! They're kind of like Costco, in a way....(Costco also let you return almost everything for any reason at any time, even 3 years later)
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Has anyone that bought them used, (ebay, amazon, etc) have them replaced at that discounted rate?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, CO Silver, AAdavantage, USAIR
do they have to be registered with bose first (ie warranty card filled out?) I bought my QC2s a few years ago but never did that, will bose still honor that?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 12:20 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by dave8624
do they have to be registered with bose first (ie warranty card filled out?) I bought my QC2s a few years ago but never did that, will bose still honor that?
That's what I was wondering. Well, my QC 3s are registered but there are broken ones you can get pretty cheap.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:43 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Originally Posted by chanp
Has anyone that bought them used, (ebay, amazon, etc) have them replaced at that discounted rate?
Exactly my plan
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
The QC2 run about $150 used on eBay. Add in $100 for the upgrade and you're nearly at the purchase price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.