Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-fax solution recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Larrude
I've been using MYFax since April or May for my business. My cost has been $10 a month and the service has been very dependable/
Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
unityfax.com $5.99 for what I need
Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:19 pm

Based on an older FT thread, I've been using Faxaway for a few years now. For $1 / month, I get my own phone number and unlimited inbound fax. People can send to my fax number and I get a PDF with no advertisements. Hard to beat that. They have an email to fax gateway for outbound, as I recall you send your attachment to a special email address.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:31 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by boberonicus
Based on an older FT thread, I've been using Faxaway for a few years now. For $1 / month, I get my own phone number and unlimited inbound fax. People can send to my fax number and I get a PDF with no advertisements. Hard to beat that. They have an email to fax gateway for outbound, as I recall you send your attachment to a special email address.
I'll check them out, thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
e-fax no longer offers freebie. here is what you see after you fill in name etc...

"Thank you for visiting eFax.
The page you are looking for has moved or no longer exists, or you might have entered an incorrect Website address (URL).

You might find what you're looking for in one of these areas:
The eFax Sitemap
The eFax Help section
The eFax home page

Or you can go back to the previous page. "
Old Nov 13, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by boberonicus
I have read through the whole thread too and Faxaway looks like what I need. I have an incoming email fax through my long distance phone card for $29/year with an 877#. Works fine and everyone has the # now.

Problem has been no outgoing fax, which I want to do by email from my computer very rarely - maybe a dozen times a year. If I am reading the faxaway site, it is $1.00/month, but given the rest of this thread I feel like I must be missing something! Is that right??
Old Nov 20, 2010, 5:30 pm

I use faxaway. I feel it's so clunky/outdated for outgoing faxes that I couldn't recommend it to others. But maybe they have newer stuff that I don't know about, or it's because I forget how to use it everytime. Yes it's CHEAP.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:45 am

Onesuite fax is a good deal. No monthly plans/minutes, only pay as you go. Pretty reliable too. If you only need to receive fax then you only pay $1/month.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Takire
Onesuite fax is a good deal. No monthly plans/minutes, only pay as you go. Pretty reliable too. If you only need to receive fax then you only pay $1/month.
Only $1 monthly with fax number? Do you pay extra if you go over the limit with Onesuite fax?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
efax alternative?

This thread is 5 years old, so i apologize but couldnt find anything newer.

Anyone have an efax alternative that is priced better than $150/yr?

I receive and send less than 5 faxes a month. I just can't justify the $150 for this, but its hard to give up the fax machine when you have clients who insist on faxing back contracts.

Advice?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
After a lot of research earlier this year, I signed up with Ring Central for fax only, $95.90/year (if pay for year in advance and not monthly). I'm not a heavy faxer but still need to send and receive faxes. Easy to use, no problems.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Try filesanywhere.com
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bkafrick
This thread is 5 years old, so i apologize but couldnt find anything newer.

Anyone have an efax alternative that is priced better than $150/yr?

I receive and send less than 5 faxes a month. I just can't justify the $150 for this, but its hard to give up the fax machine when you have clients who insist on faxing back contracts.

Advice?
voip.ms now has fax service
depending on phone number, about $2/month plus 3 cents per minute.
https://voip.ms/virtualfax.php
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
MaxEmail is pretty cheap for light users, especially those that receive and don't often send faxes. $24/year to receive 100 pages/month, and sending is 10 cents per page. Though be aware you cannot port your number away unless you ported it in to begin with.

VoIP.ms does have faxing capabilities now but they are in beta. Perhaps not the best choice for commercial applications.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
MaxEmail is pretty cheap for light users, especially those that receive and don't often send faxes. $24/year to receive 100 pages/month, and sending is 10 cents per page. Though be aware you cannot port your number away unless you ported it in to begin with.
Have you found MaxEmail reliable? I've been looking for an inexpensive incoming-only service and this sounds perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.