Help! Google thinks I'm Chinese...

Subscribe
I was in Beijing last week, and used my computer to access my stock quotes. Ever since, Google seems to think that I'm Chinese. When I type 'finance.google.com' I am redirected to:

http://www.google.com/finance?gl=cn

I've cleared my cookies, I've tried adjusting my settings in Google to reflect my current (non-China) location, but to no avail. I'm redirected to the China site regardless of whether or not I'm logged into my Google account.

Can anyone help me convince Google that I'm not in China?
Further update: I just tried this from a colleague's computer, and his machine defaults to China as well. I'm guessing that Google is somehow guessing our location based on our proxy server, and perhaps we've defaulted over to a back-up server located in Asia Pac?!?

Bizarre behaviour in any case!

Just did a reverse lookup on my IP address, and it's showing (correctly) as Switzerland. Now I'm really confused!
Until you get a real fix you can always stick /ncr at the end of the google for no country regionalization so:

finance.google.com/ncr

And check that your DNS is set to one in ch, not cn
yeah use www.google.com/ncr and everything will be in English.
Google has done the same thing to me in Korea and Thailand.
As noted, http://www.google.com/ncr works

Here's a bit more information:
Trouble connecting: Google.com automatically takes me to another Google site
I noticed this yesterday, specifically on Google Finance. I am assuming that this was a temporary glitch on their site. A few hours later I tried again and it was normal.
Yep, me too. Google seems to have fixed it -- I'm back to US markets.
mrs. gleff on and off winds up on the Thai google site.
Doesn't Google know best? Maybe you really are Chinese, and never appreciated the fact.
Maybe change country setting for Google News? I've noticed some odd behaviour when switching back to Google.ca
Google '99.9 percent' sure to shutter Google.cn
According to this article on CNET news, Google's China site probably won't be a concern much longer.

The underlying issue can, of course, still happen for other localizations.
Sorry for the thread drift, but how about YouTube? When I access YT from my desktop at work, it seems to think I'm Dutch! This is my desktop, which has never been out of my office AFAIK, much less the country.... my laptops/netbooks etc. are all happy to speak English.
Google.com directs you to whatever country base on you request IP address

Since that is the only information it gets as to your location base on your browser's request. Google is not the only site that does this, YT and FB are the same.
Quote: According to this article on CNET news, Google's China site probably won't be a concern much longer.

The underlying issue can, of course, still happen for other localizations.
Even if Google close their google.com.cn site, which is located in China, they will maintain their US-based google.com service in the Chinese language. My guess would be that computers showing up with Chinese IP addresses will get routed to the google.com pages in Chinese, so the problem will remain in some form.