Man sues the TSA and B6

Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Yes but like most converstations over at that site the children can't convey their points like adults and usually end up calling each other names thus resulting in the thread being closed....like it is now.

I'm glad people on here can constructivly make their points/feelings known and others and constructivly agree or disagree with statements said.
Very, very true. Tha's why I discontinued my a.net membership.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<deleted>

Last edited by birdstrike; Jan 6, 2009 at 9:53 pm
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by birdstrike
law dawg said he's an LEO for TSA? I missed that. If true that clears up several things for me.
Yeah, he said that awhile back in a discussion with me. Thought I had him pegged for a FAM. He said he wasn't, but he did work for TSA in another LEO capacity.

I'm sure if I'm not remembering correctly he'll let me know.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, ICH, Hertz
Originally Posted by Superguy
If that's the case and it's from TSA's IG office, things are worse inside the agency than I thought.
I have a cousin who has worked for TSA in DC since it was formed. He is just a pencil pusher with no authority, but constantly says that the agency is FUBAR.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 2:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by World Traveller
Nice to see justice being served. Good luck Raed ^

P.S anyone managed to find a site where you can get hold of these tee's. Thanks

Right here. But in my view, any old arabic t-shirt will suffice. WESC clothing sells t-shirts with their slogan "We are the Superlative Conspiracy" in about 20 different languages, including arabic. Maybe someone should make an arabic version of "Kip Hawley is an Idiot"?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by PTravel
I recommend you read the Supreme Court decision in Cohen v. Superior Court.
Uh, did you mean Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971)?

Last edited by Landing Gear; Aug 12, 2007 at 3:55 am Reason: Citation added.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Uh, did you mean Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971)?
Uh, yes.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:19 am

There seems to be another legal issue here besides free speech or discrimination. An airplane ticket is a legal contract. Doesn't the airline have to honor it?

Even if the CocC or some law or government rule says that the airline can deny boarding to passengers who the airline has reason to believe will be some sort of threat, surely a reasonableness test applies. (In fact, Jetblue's CoC specifically says that boarding can be denied to "assengers whose transportation on Carrier is reasonably deemed by Carrier to be inadvisable or inappropriate due to special circumstances..." [emphasis added.]) No matter what catch-all clauses apply, surely a passenger with a valid ticket can't be denied boarding because an airline employee doesn't like the passenger's attitude, or hears the passenger criticize a talk radio host, or sees the passenger carrying a copy of a book by a liberal or a conservative author. Does denying boarding because of a t-shirt slogan fall into this unreasonable category?

Idle thought: What would happen if a vaguely middle-eastern looking man tried to board an airplane wearing a t-shirt reading "God bless America the Greatest Country in the world," printed only in Arabic?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 10:49 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
ROTFLU.

A LEO for the TSA, but not a FAM. Hmmm.

True, could be someone from the IG's office. You're right, if it's from the TSA's IG office, things inside the agency are not good.... .......
a leo for the tsa but not a fam does exist in the i/g's office. that was goalie-sis up until friday. she got fed up with the b/s and other associated fubars and snafus and was on the verge of burnout so she's now gone into the private sector.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by polonius
Right here. But in my view, any old arabic t-shirt will suffice. WESC clothing sells t-shirts with their slogan "We are the Superlative Conspiracy" in about 20 different languages, including arabic. Maybe someone should make an arabic version of "Kip Hawley is an Idiot"?

Thanks polonius. ^
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by Timfid
Idle thought: What would happen if a vaguely middle-eastern looking man tried to board an airplane wearing a t-shirt reading "God bless America the Greatest Country in the world," printed only in Arabic?
Or someone is prevented from boarding plane wearing a shirt with "bin Laden's" picture on it, which turns out to be in fact Bob Marley's portrait ?

Supposedly happened, but I can't find a reference.

Madness.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 11:31 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by polonius
Maybe someone should make an arabic version of "Kip Hawley is an Idiot"?
My old friend google says:

كب هاولي هو أغبياء
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
a leo for the tsa but not a fam does exist in the i/g's office. that was goalie-sis up until friday. she got fed up with the b/s and other associated fubars and snafus and was on the verge of burnout so she's now gone into the private sector.
Goalie, help me out here: what does "i/g" mean?

I've got two guesses, probably both wrong, but both still reasonable when in relation to the TSA:
  • Immensely Grumpy?
  • Incomprehensible Garbage?

Although I assume that the i/g really means something else?
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by voop
Goalie, help me out here: what does "i/g" mean?

I've got two guesses, probably both wrong, but both still reasonable when in relation to the TSA:
  • Immensely Grumpy?
  • Incomprehensible Garbage?

Although I assume that the i/g really means something else?
Inspector General - you know, the guy who keeps getting fired from DHS for telling the truth.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by doober
Inspector General - you know, the guy who keeps getting fired from DHS for telling the truth.
beat me to it (but could also be the name of and old danny kay movie, too )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.