Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Houston Chronicle blog on her Orlando TSA experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:16 am
Original Poster

http://blog.chron.com/memo/2011/06/t...ll-in-the-usa/
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:55 am

While I too find MCO one of the worst locations, I find the linked article poorly written, hyperbolic, and inaccurate. That is the kind of post which is turning off people who haven't quite made up their minds about TSA.

Sunday is I believe peak departure day for leisure travellers from MCO. Scissors with blades of 4 inches or less are permitted. Equating Orlando with Kolkata is an insult. Both cities are actually quite poor, and while Kolkata has a far lower standard of living, the airport screening is actually quite pleasant especially when compared to MCO.

This report from MCO is however disturbing. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2748834
I am a disabled Viet-Nam vet with full blown MS and use a power wheelchair, this evening fly out of MCO I was treated like a terriost(?). After going through the normal patdown while in my chair they swabed my Disney Crocs and put it the machine and it tripped a code. Instead of reswabing my crocs or taking them off my feet and run them through the scanner 5 TSA agents took me to a room and stronged armed me by removing me from my wheelchair phyiscaly and them making me strip of my mickey shorts and my Marine Corps polo shirt and Mickey socks. Leaving me there in the room naked. They then took my clothes and crocs and ran them through a scanner. Bought cloths and crocs back to the room and said I was cleared and free to go. I asked for my wife and they refused to get her to help me. Then the 5 agents roughly dressed me and put me back in my chair. I asked to see a supervisor and they refused. They said I fit the profile and with no other comment left. I am a Silver Star receipant and have 3 Purple Hearts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.