Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man arrested for how shall we say, masturbating, on United flight

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SATTSO
Snake on a Plane!
Looks like not even a reinforced door could keep this dude out of the cockpit.
Old May 25, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Best posts/Cliff Notes:

flying solo in the mile high club

Would "skyjacking" be politically correct?

Snake on a Plane! :O
Old May 25, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1P
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
The guy that hit him with the book should have aimed lower than his arm !
That would get the book dirty.
Old May 25, 2011, 7:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They held him for the weekend in jail. I can just imagine the "what are you in for" conversations at the jail.

though it is funny that he faces "supervised release". Think he has that one down pretty good.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by hgifford
That would get the book dirty.
yeah, a dirty magazine ok maybe, but not a dirty book! <gasp> What was he reading anyways?
Old May 25, 2011, 8:03 am

Eww. Was anyone sitting next to the guy? Is this the TSA's fault for allowing a loaded weapon aboard? I wonder if we would all be less grossed out if a woman had being using a vibrator or something. I for one would be okay with that. Of course that's not as messy. If it had been a woman do you think someone would have hit her with a book?

I agree that vomiting is even more disgusting and likely to lead to a chain reaction but vomiting is involuntary. So you can't really make it illegal. I don't mean to belabor the obvious but that guy was clearly insane. That's practically the definition of crazy. Disinhibition, no sense of reality etc. Now I'm going to be all paranoid if my seating area smells faintly of bleach.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by eturowski
Looks like not even a reinforced door could keep this dude out of the cockpit.

Oh, now it makes sense why the FBI arrested him: he went into the cockpit mid-flight and without permission.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
They held him for the weekend in jail. I can just imagine the "what are you in for" conversations at the jail.

though it is funny that he faces "supervised release". Think he has that one down pretty good.
heh!

Thanks mods for the comic relief for the non-enabled <g>.

re: the law... "indecent exposure"? IANAL, misdemeanor? state law? what happens crossing state borders? who files charges and/or extradites?

Sounds like a sticky situation!
Old May 25, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
lots of dna evidence

I was once on a flight back to the U.S. from Europe and a young guy's girl friend jerked him off under the blankets. It took about a thousand miles. Nothing else to do I guess. He was quite vocal when he lost it over Newfoundland in some light chop then went to the lav to clean up.
A lot of things are gross and thoughtless but I really don't want to fill up the jails and prisons over it. I don't know what to do about these "quality of flight" issues.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Perhaps he was still aroused from his TSA pat down.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:38 am

I kind of wonder, are all crimes commit while in flight "federal"? If 2 passengers get into a very quick fight, a few punches landed, would that be federal if the plane was in flight?
Not all crimes. As seen from that affidavit, 49 USC 46506 lists the specific ones. And an interesting set of choices. I never knew this before and it's quite interesting. So something useful came out of this thread!
Old May 25, 2011, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Slightly tangent but in a discussion a while back with a friend who is NPS ranger I was told that within the CFRs there are no nudity laws. As such, if you want frolic in the nude in a National Park where only the CFR are enforced one can do so with out repercussions. However, going beyond that and you might get arrested.
Yes, but National Parks are also within some state and have concurrent jurisdiction with that state, so those laws apply. County laws may also apply in some cases, depending on who's enforcing them. There aren't many National Parks where "only the CFRs are enforced" and even there, 18 USC 13 means that state law applies.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: NWA Tears
Originally Posted by svenskaflicka
What if your child was sitting within seeing distance from this moron?
Teachable Moment. Consider that throughout most of history kids lived in the same one-room as their parents. And their parents continued to have more children.

http://crustylogic.com/2011/04/805/
Old May 25, 2011, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
His behavior was disgusting, and he should have been arrested for something. But, I'm sorry, you more than likely touch various bodily fluids and feces throughout the week when you touch door knobs, hand rest, and so on. Next time you fly, and you lay your hands and arms on the armrest, or use the table in the seat in front of you, how to you know the person before you washed their hands the last time the used the bathroom, or had sex, or whatever? Mabye they picked their nose, and deposited a present on the seat when they left. You don't use an airline pillow or blanket do you? If so, ewwwww.... Its pretty much prove those pillows and blankets have slobber on them from before. NEVER use those. NEVER!

Or is it ignorance is bliss? What I don't know won't hurt me. If you don't think about the things I mentioned, its ok if it happens? Just bring some wipes with you, and if your flying that airline, and have that seat, no matter the plane, give it a good scrubbing down! Then sit on a napkin.

But I will say this, the story is funny. Can't wait till it breaks the guy was an Air Marshall.
I do bring sanitizer with me in my Kippie bag and wipe down whatever I can. I even wipe down the head rest and the chair controls. The only blanket and pillow I will use are the one's that are wrapped in plastic. Even though they are wrapped, I wonder if they really do wash them. Even though the airline put's a mini tablecloth over the tray table I wipe that too. I have seen too much filth on planes not to do this. My clothing seperates me from the seat, but as soon as I get to the hotel I send it out for cleaning.

The thought of what's in the bathroom really sends me into a tizzy. There's no sitting on public toilet seats for this semi germophobe. Good thing my legs are in good shape.
Old May 25, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K , HH Gold VIP, Hertz Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Marriott Silver Elite
Last year I was on a flight when an older well dress Indian guy was reading the Karma Sutra on the plane. I thought it was preety ballsy (no pun intended) I was 3C and he was 2B on an Airbus 320 (both aisle seats) and since I could see it I am sure the flight attendants could also see what he was reading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.