Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Would the TSA let a person wearing a chastity belt fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would the TSA let a person wearing a chastity belt fly?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

I decided to ask the tsa a question about whether chastity devices are allowed or not. I'll post again when or if they reply.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:08 am

Sorry to be indelicate,

but if a screener comes running out of the "private room" howling in agony, with one of these things attached to his/her finger, the gig's up:

http://www.alumniroundup.com/2010/06...om-with-teeth/

Personally, I'm deeply offended that the social and political conditions in the U.S. have declined to the point where we'd ever contemplate it.

Last edited by ElizabethConley; Mar 10, 2011 at 7:26 am
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:11 am

why? are you considering getting one?

Skirts are 'allowed'. Still, after reading stories here, I'm not going to be
wearing any type of skirt or dress when traveling to/from the US.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 am
Original Poster

According to the email I received, chastity belts are apparently considered a religious and culturial item and therefore allowed. But being the tsa it didn't say that it was allowed just that it wasn't on the not allowed list. They did say extra screening would be required.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

So I asked the question via email and on their web form. Surprise, surprise, I got two different answers to the same question. The second reply was so bizarre and completely off topic--about SSSS designation--that I'm no longer sure they're allowed. I really don't see why they could be banned if they were transparent and tested for explosives but it's not like the tsa has to make sense!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
A religious and cultural item? Maybe in 1311. In 2011 I'm fairly sure it's an item of kink but I don't wanna be the one to tell the TSA.

Originally Posted by Comcerneddisabledflier
According to the email I received, chastity belts are apparently considered a religious and culturial item and therefore allowed. But being the tsa it didn't say that it was allowed just that it wasn't on the not allowed list. They did say extra screening would be required.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peachfront
A religious and cultural item? Maybe in 1311. In 2011 I'm fairly sure it's an item of kink but I don't wanna be the one to tell the TSA.
I think the 1st amendment, rightly, has to be pretty broad when protecting religious practices. And while most mainstream religions don't involve a chastity belt, a very minor one--even a church of two--might. The 1st amendment exists to protect the minor religions.

When it comes down to wearing a personal item that is not visible under clothes, I think it's a huge legal protectionfor the wearer.

That said, I think the TSA isn't actually reading the emails. Instead, they're generating responses based on random key words in the citizens email. There was one word difference between the two, and I got totally different responses.

I do wish there was a way to actually email a live person. That way things would be clearer. This would ultimately improve TSA's performance.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:30 pm

Wearing a chastity belt and TSA

I fly often domestic flights only in and around the USA on business and never had a problem going through TSA wearing a plastic CB-6000 with a plastic numbered lock. My wife couldn't be more happier while I'm away!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fly alot
I fly often domestic flights only in and around the USA on business and never had a problem going through TSA wearing a plastic CB-6000 with a plastic numbered lock. My wife couldn't be more happier while I'm away!
I haven't gone this far, but, from time to time, I have very carefully worn a large bandaid in close proximity to the "plumbing" to find out if it would alarm the NoS and what action the clerks would take. My explanation would be that "I have oozing genital warts caused by years of unprotected sex and they are really acting up this week." In the 5-6 times I've tried this, so far nobody has noticed.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I haven't gone this far, but, from time to time, I have very carefully worn a large bandaid in close proximity to the "plumbing" to find out if it would alarm the NoS and what action the clerks would take. My explanation would be that "I have oozing genital warts caused by years of unprotected sex and they are really acting up this week." In the 5-6 times I've tried this, so far nobody has noticed.
A regular bandaid or a blister/burn bandaid with the little gel pad?

'Artful concealment' of a gel-like substance - I wonder if a photo of your bandaid would make the weekly fantasy list?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by Comcerneddisabledflier
Well it seems that no one has a definitive answer as to whether TSA allows them or not. I imagine most people who wear them don't wear them through security. Still, whether they're allowed or not should be clearer.

And I can't resist this joke at the end of a long day: I wonder if you use a TSA approved lock if that makes a difference!
Brilliant - yes must have a TSA lock, no doubt
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
A regular bandaid or a blister/burn bandaid with the little gel pad?

'Artful concealment' of a gel-like substance - I wonder if a photo of your bandaid would make the weekly fantasy list?
I hope so, in the worst way!!!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
not really a practical info thread anymore

gongn to closed ....thx

squeakr

co Mod TS/S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.