Wiki Posts
Search

Dhs/tsa employee pool

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Dhs/tsa employee pool

Proof that DHS/TSA knows where to find it's employee pool.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid...=2000678&pid=1
Old Jul 12, 2010, 8:37 am
Suspended

Speaks volumes as to how they are dragging the bottom of the barrel to find people to work for them - and to the quality of the individuals they will probably attract.

When the jobs outlook improves and people can find jobs elsewhere, those that go to the TSA will probably get even worse.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which Pizza Company Does This???

I wonder if we can find out which pizza company is buying the TSA advertising so we can inform them how we feel about it and what impact it might have on our pizza buying preferences in the future?

Actually -- I wonder if the target audience is the people buying the pizza or the people making & delivering the pizza?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Wow

I wonder if the people who are hired for the nude-o-scope hired the meat lovers pizza... How disgusting! If I had a pizza delivered with that message, I'd return it!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I wonder if we can find out which pizza company is buying the TSA advertising so we can inform them how we feel about it and what impact it might have on our pizza buying preferences in the future?

Actually -- I wonder if the target audience is the people buying the pizza or the people making & delivering the pizza?
When I get a pizza I really don't look at the box, just flip the lid and dig in.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 9:50 am

From the title, I thought they were being taught to swim.

Maybe there should be a campaign on other fast food packaging with photos:

Have you seen -------? He is missing and may have become a TSO....
please call our hotline at # 332-336-3562 (dead end job)
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
"You can't professionalize until you Federalize..."
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I think this is a covert operation to fight obesity. As soon as the pizza shows up with the DHS logo on it, you loose your appetite.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's a joint deal, they get free advertising if they allow one of the new scanners be used by the pizza place to cook the pizza as it passes through the belt.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by IslandBased
From the title, I thought they were being taught to swim.
I too initially thought this was about a deluxe marble swimming pool being installed at DHS HQ, until I realized a recreational swimming facility that meets TSA requirements will be a worthless as TSA, as it contains 3.4 ounces of water, or less.

(Speaking of pools, I did see a real Help Wanted ad for FAs with the job Requirement of "Strong Swimming Skills". Airline: Quantas. Hmmmmmmm. . . )
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Find out which TSA manager has shares in the pizza company.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird
Find out which TSA manager has shares in the pizza company.
Cynic ...

One does have to wonder why they are recruiting people eating one particular type of fast food, though. Does this mean that people who eat a healthy diet are not suitable as TSA employees?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
"You can't professionalize until you Federalize..."
Given that DHS and TSA HQ staffs were initially populated with the bottom of the barrel, the above statement is laughable.

When TSA HQ in particular stood up, it was a "who's who" of malcontents and low achievers - people who were never going any higher in their existing organization, and saw this as their last best hope for a promotion.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by halls120
Given that DHS and TSA HQ staffs were initially populated with the bottom of the barrel, the above statement is laughable.

When TSA HQ in particular stood up, it was a "who's who" of malcontents and low achievers - people who were never going any higher in their existing organization, and saw this as their last best hope for a promotion.
And we both know it's only gotten worse as the most competent of those low achievers have found a way to migrate to greener pastures.... leaving...
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by IslandBased
Cynic ...

One does have to wonder why they are recruiting people eating one particular type of fast food, though. Does this mean that people who eat a healthy diet are not suitable as TSA employees?
People who eat healthier diets are usually well educated and have a decent job making decent money. None of those characteristics fit into the typical TSA employee demographics.

I would suggest that TSA would soon start advertising at McDonalds and in Wal Mart restrooms, but I doubt they would be allowed to since those places probably have a hard enough time keeping people in McJobs without facing additional competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.