Wiki Posts
Search

Osprey Transporter vs Eagle Creek...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:23 am
tkn
Original Poster

Osprey Transporter vs Eagle Creek...

Looking for a forever warrantied lightweight carry-on and was eyeing Osprey and EC bags instead of my usual go-to of B&R Baselines.

Anyone have either the Osprey Transporter or one of the Eagle Creeks like the Tarmac or Expanse and able to comment?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Any reason why you are looking to keep wheels when you already have B&R baselines?

I have an Osprey Farpoint 40 and it has served me extremely well. I have a carry-on rollaboard for "everyday life" and use the Osprey for multi-week / RTW travel excursions where I am constantly moving. Having the backpack alternative works great for that
der_saeufer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I have a Transporter that's a few years old and I have a non-wheeled Osprey Porter 46. I'm a big fan of both. I lean towards backpacker travel most of the time - the EC bags always seemed a trifle heavy and perhaps more suited to urban travel.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Between me & hubs, we have ...5 or 6 rolling Eagle Creek bags. Bought over the past 20 years, no clue which models I have so I tried looking up my orders. (2019 Gear Warrior Wheeled Duffel Carry On, 2014 Adventure Upright Suitcase - 22”, 2013 Hovercraft LT 2-Wheeled Upright 25 Bag, 2011 Continental Voyager 22 Duffel Bag, 2011 Travel Gear Hovercraft 19 Upright Luggage) Those are mine - not sure what models hubs has, though his 25" is similar to mine. Actually one of those duffels might be his too. Anyway - I don't have the models you mention but I clearly love Eagle Creek and would buy them again in a heartbeat. If I knew the quality of the new bags (changed ownership again a year or 2 ago?) was the same as the older bags. Because they're still in great shape and well used! I have a 22" B&R BRX Explore I bought at the same time as one of the EC bags and I use it as often as the EC, but I might prefer EC ;-)
Old Apr 4, 2024, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Really, both brands are good. I think it comes down to personal preference on specs and details - handle length or pocket placement, that kind of thing. I forgot I still have an EC rolling duffle - forgot because I haven't checked a bag since pre-COVID.

eta: I didn't know about that ownership change. I would be watching reviews closely to make sure there's no cost-cutting going on.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I think Eagle Creek is on 3rd or 4th owner/management? Original, VF, new (Travis campbell, who was an exec with the original company?) The original press releases made me hopeful. https://www.outsideonline.com/busine...s-eagle-creek/

I might be forgetting something between original and VF.
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by tkn
Looking for a forever warrantied lightweight carry-on
What are you looking for with the forever warranty?

I have Osprey Ozone 2 wheel and Eagle Creek Load Warrior 2 wheel carry-ons. Both are lighter weight and not quite the same as current models (before EC owner change). They might have replacement wheels and buckles available https://www.eaglecreek.com/pages/warranty https://knowledge-base.osprey.com/en...uest-rJc_XAJhn but things like fabric delamination, elastic no longer stretchy, or lost luggage badge may not be repairable/replaceable due to the different styles. They might opt for providing a replacement credit and the new styles available at the time may not be what you want.

Would still look at both brands and also Patagonia for wheel-less luggage. I prefer the opening on a long edge rather than a short one as it is easier to live out of when open on a luggage stand, but I could just rotate the stand/bag short edge to wall if I was all that fussed since mine are carry-ons. Osprey & Eagle Creek current offerings seem to be more the short edge than long. The spinner models seem heavier than European spinners and higher riding than B&R (for total dimensions).
sushanna1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.