Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Eagle Creek Crossroads 22" upright--any comments?

Old Mar 11, 2012, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG

Looking for light weight, wheeled carry-on that meets UA's dimensions (22" x 14" x 9", including wheels and handles) with a zippered front pocket that will fit a 13" laptop that is also expandable (know it will then need to be checked) and structured. This suitcase may fit, but would like to know if anyone has tried it. Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:03 pm

I haven't tried that specific piece, but the Eagle Creek products I have are the best. I have the Switchback and an ORV trunk that have seen many miles and abuse and have held up well. The pieces with the No Matter What warranty really are fixed or replaced. Wife's trunk got a small rip and was quickly replaced.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I agree. I have an ORV 30 and I love it. Its back was broken by the baggage handlers and I sent it in for repair. As I travel almost every week, I did not have a lot of lead time on the repair. I called the service center to see if they would be able to get it out and said if not I would use an old piece instead. He put me on hold, pulled it out of the repair pile, got back on the phone to tell me it would be repaired ASAP, and it was repaired and at my house in two days. Best warranty repair service ever.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AS Gold; Starbucks Platinum Plus, no Mucci
Tempted, but . . .

Originally Posted by stravels
Looking for light weight, wheeled carry-on that meets UA's dimensions (22" x 14" x 9", including wheels and handles) with a zippered front pocket that will fit a 13" laptop that is also expandable (know it will then need to be checked) and structured. This suitcase may fit, but would like to know if anyone has tried it. Thanks!
I was truly tempted the other day (because those are SO lightweight), but am waiting to see the new Eagle Creek "Ease" bags -- they're heavier than the Crossroads, but the Ease bags are 4-wheel spinners, so everything seems lighter -- you're guiding, not hauling. They were due here in the Seattle area on March 9, or so, but no one has them, as yet. -- overall, Eagle Creek bags have really worked well for me. Well designed, rugged -- they just work well.

Good luck !!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Originally Posted by JLen
I was truly tempted the other day (because those are SO lightweight), but am waiting to see the new Eagle Creek "Ease" bags -- they're heavier than the Crossroads, but the Ease bags are 4-wheel spinners, so everything seems lighter -- you're guiding, not hauling. They were due here in the Seattle area on March 9, or so, but no one has them, as yet. -- overall, Eagle Creek bags have really worked well for me. Well designed, rugged -- they just work well.

Good luck !!
Can you please post when you get to see the Ease? I was looking at that as well. The only store that carries Eagle Creek in Hawaii said they will not be carrying the Crossroads, and based on their space limitations, I doubt they'll have the Ease either. I'm a little concerned about capacity for the Ease as I'm hoping to do a multi-day carry-on only trip. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AS Gold; Starbucks Platinum Plus, no Mucci
Will do

Originally Posted by stravels
Can you please post when you get to see the Ease? I was looking at that as well. The only store that carries Eagle Creek in Hawaii said they will not be carrying the Crossroads, and based on their space limitations, I doubt they'll have the Ease either. I'm a little concerned about capacity for the Ease as I'm hoping to do a multi-day carry-on only trip. Thanks!
Will do. Probably will do so in a new thread. Will depend on when the EC Ease bags get to town. (Local store implied delay was due to factory issue, but have no confirmation of that.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.