Reload this Page >

Lightest carry-on bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lightest carry-on bag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 pm

Take a look at the Victorinox spinner/rollaboard, international size. It is almost as light as the Rimowa and has two doors the front is for accessing laptop, etc., or if you don't carry electronics you can go through the front door to the main compartment, or open like a normal suitcase. Cost around $350USD Very nice. Go to company main website
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:58 am

Eagle Creek Flatbed Duffel 20

International dimensions, rollers, durable, no frills for maximum packing space, and 2.55 kg

No matter what warranty - Maybe not Briggs and Riley warranty, but very close in terms.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: Starwood, One World
Rimowa Air :-:
Old May 8, 2015, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by freecia
Looks like REI has released The Ghost Whisperer which is similar to Osprey Ozone. 22" model is 4 lbs. 2 oz as per the spec.
http://www.rei.com/product/878296/re...e-22#tab-specs

The back pocket looks a bit bigger than the Ozone in the picture and main compartment opens like a book on the long edge. Hope they upload a video and get them into stores for a look-see.
Too heavy I have Eagle Creek DigiHauler 1lb 11oz
Old May 8, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by simmons44
From what I've found, IT Luggage is the lightest carry on weighing in at 4 pounds. I'm not really sure if you're sacrificing any quality though. If it was up to me I'd rather go with something a little heavier that will last a little bit longer. source
I think a carry on should not way more than 2lbs
Old May 8, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
For a trip on WOW Air to Iceland, I selected a gym bag made of ripstop nylon for my carry-on luggage.

The no-charge carry-on limit for WOW is 5kg (11 pounds), the gym bag weighs 85 grams (3 oz). That leaves almost a full 5kg for clothing.

Electronics, liquids and other weighty items go into the roomy pockets of a fisherman's vest.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:47 pm

Packing Frustations

Anyone here have packing advice??? Is there a luggage that you use that makes packing and unpacking easier and faster? Especially for frequent business trips?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 12, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by OneCountryAtATime
Anyone here have packing advice??? Is there a luggage that you use that makes packing and unpacking easier and faster? Especially for frequent business trips?

Thanks in advance!
Try using packing cubes. They help a lot in terms of organization.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Saw this on collapsible bag on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-usb-charger/

Sadly they don't say the weight - but if it comes in truly light, I might grab one when it comes out now the the new TravelPro dimensions and flopping over have worsened.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Saw this on collapsible bag on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-usb-charger/

Sadly they don't say the weight - but if it comes in truly light, I might grab one when it comes out now the the new TravelPro dimensions and flopping over have worsened.
ouch, 8.5 lbs!
Old May 27, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by frankmu
ouch, 8.5 lbs!
lol, forget that bag then! Sorry.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Can't beat it: lightweight, durable, fashionable, folds small, green, environmentally friendly, stands out from the crowd, catchy slogan, and there is zero risk of anyone claiming it as theirs. Possibly lower than zero if that is possible.

Only a matter of time before ebags picks up on it so get ahead of the crowd.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:38 pm

Did a first trip with the lojel wave spinner and it holds up well.
Had too much stuff but managed to cramp everything into the bag.
Was a bit afraid the zippers might burst but it held up.
Quite impressed!

The only downside is that there is no outside pocket.
But that's the case with hardside luggages.

Originally Posted by sfmom
It's been a year and the bags - the Lojel Wave 20" spinners - have been to Paris, Italy, Croatia, Houston, Hawaii, New York and Puerto Vallarta. I have to say they have surpassed my expectations in durability. My son's favorite pastime is to throw his down the airport halls (when not busy) and chase after it. He'll even skip the moving walkway to do this. Regardless to say it ends up falling over at speed some of the time but only has a few tiny scratches. We've also had to check the bags in a couple of occasions - too much shopping - there were a couple of smudges I've rubbed off but otherwise fine. We tooled around airports with our Tom Bihn Aeronaut bags balanced on them. They fit in the one regional jet we ended up in too. We like them so much I got a pair for our parents and will probably get two ourselves for an upcoming trip to Asia. I've been searching around for an alternative - a spinner that meets all size requirements under 5 pounds - and am still looking.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
For a trip on WOW Air to Iceland, I selected a gym bag made of ripstop nylon for my carry-on luggage.

The no-charge carry-on limit for WOW is 5kg (11 pounds), the gym bag weighs 85 grams (3 oz). That leaves almost a full 5kg for clothing.

Electronics, liquids and other weighty items go into the roomy pockets of a fisherman's vest.
Which Fisherman's vest do you use?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:19 am

lightest bag

I found one which is nice.It's light,spacious and cheap.I bought two online.You may want to have a look at it at the store.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBUYZK4 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBUYZK4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.