Reload this Page >

'Business Casual' pants with zippered security pockets

Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good mens Business Casual pants, that have zippered security pockets? The zippered pockets could be either in the back or front.

I noticed on the Rohan website that their pants have zippered pockets. While many of their pants look more like casual travel pants, they did have several that looked like they might work. Does anyone have any experience with Rohan pants? If yes, do they fit true to size?

Also, I have several pairs of the Railriders 'Adventure Khakis'. They are ideal for casual purposes, but are too casual (in my opinion) to pass for business casual attire.

I have tried on several different pairs of Tilley pants, and they do not fit me well in the waist and hips.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:09 am
Suspended

I just bought my fourth pair of these.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=645Y
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:13 am

Magellen's has pleated and flat front versions.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
I've got a pair of 5.11 Coverts on right now, with a blazer for the "casual Friday." They have a regular and zipped pocket on each side and two that are on-seam zipped and virtually invisible. They aren't as dressy as a pair of basic chinos but aren't far off. I have 2 pairs and don't wear the regular tacticals much at all any more.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...ct_Description
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Any decent tailor can fit a pocket with a zipper for probably very little money if you have some pants you already like. They could also put it deeper in the pocket than you normally see, so it doesn't look like they have a zipper.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
Any decent tailor can fit a pocket with a zipper for probably very little money if you have some pants you already like. They could also put it deeper in the pocket than you normally see, so it doesn't look like they have a zipper.
good call...
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
In answer to the OP's question, as I sit here typing in my Rohan bags ...

They are good to their sizes. I use the Bags and Winter Bags for casual use, and have some of their more business like stuff for informal travel and meetings. I particularly like the zippered pocket arrangements that they offer. In the business pants they are like a double side pocket, with the rear section zippered and the front section like a normal trouser pocket, although the zip is hidden in the pocket.

You get used to a "habit" of how things pack when you are regularly travelling, and, for example, I have handkerchief in the outer pocket and folding notes in the zipped section behind it. On the other side I have a purse for change in the outer and a small holder for plastic cards in the zipped section. It is comfortable and practical. Feel free to enquire if you need to know more.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:26 pm

You might also check out the selections on travelsmith.com.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I have two pairs of these REI Adventures Pants. http://www.rei.com/product/784059/re...mens-30-inseam

May be a bit too casual for your needs, but I found them to be great travel pants, doesn't look like the typical hiking pants. Dries fast overnight after a wash in the sink. A little wrinkled intitially, but smooths out after a few minutes of wear. Lots of pockets, including zippered side pockets.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by antichef
In answer to the OP's question, as I sit here typing in my Rohan bags ...

They are good to their sizes. I use the Bags and Winter Bags for casual use, and have some of their more business like stuff for informal travel and meetings. I particularly like the zippered pocket arrangements that they offer. In the business pants they are like a double side pocket, with the rear section zippered and the front section like a normal trouser pocket, although the zip is hidden in the pocket.

You get used to a "habit" of how things pack when you are regularly travelling, and, for example, I have handkerchief in the outer pocket and folding notes in the zipped section behind it. On the other side I have a purse for change in the outer and a small holder for plastic cards in the zipped section. It is comfortable and practical. Feel free to enquire if you need to know more.
Thanks for the information. Are the front pockets fairly deep? Also, are the zippered pockets - both the front and back zippered pockets - sized properly to hold an average sized wallet?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:43 am

They are normal full length pockets both open and zippered. I often put my passport in the zippered part. A wallet would fit in either section.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 5.07MM; Marriott Lifetime Pt; Hyatt Diam; Avis
Kuhl Pants... They are pretty well tailored and are fantastic travel pants. I have 2 pair of their rydr model --> http://kuhl.com/products/men/pants/
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:06 am

I suspect the the expression "Business Casual" that the OP gives is not quite what others may have in mind when they recommend the various walking/hiking cargo pants.

I know some of types of Rohan that the OP has in mind. I am a lawyer and will wear them at informal/casual meetings and at dinner when we are not in suits!

The walking/cargo pants are fine for gardening or even walking the dog, but are not "Business Casual" IMHO
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:40 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
Kuhl Pants... They are pretty well tailored and are fantastic travel pants. I have 2 pair of their rydr model --> http://kuhl.com/products/men/pants/
Those looking interesting and are cotton, not nylon but how light are they?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Originally Posted by antichef
I suspect the the expression "Business Casual" that the OP gives is not quite what others may have in mind when they recommend the various walking/hiking cargo pants.

I know some of types of Rohan that the OP has in mind. I am a lawyer and will wear them at informal/casual meetings and at dinner when we are not in suits!

The walking/cargo pants are fine for gardening or even walking the dog, but are not "Business Casual" IMHO
What? I'm a a lawyer in a 750+ firm and when it's casual in the office it's casual. If you dress that way (and many do for the commute) , then for client contact, some internal meetings or biz out of the office you just pull out the BB suit from the closet. The days of hip casual are over, so if it's the after work thing or anything else out of the office after hours it's just a suit and no tie.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.