best pillow for long overnight flight????

Subscribe
I need to purchase some type of pillow to hold my head upright for a long overnight flight to Sydney. I could use some advice.
I need one as well!

Any advice?
Please continue to follow this thread in the Travel Products Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
I'm also making the trip to Sydney soon.

After doing some research and relying on some recommendations from this board, I settled on the Komfort Kollar (http://www.magellans.com/store/In_Fl...etsIF383?Args=). The regular horseshoe type pillows don't do it for me and I always end up with a pain in the neck. This one looks like something you'd get for a spinal injury, but I like the way it supports the head all the way around.
I've used the blow up versions of the Komfort Color for years and just bought a new one. Does what it says! Much easier to sleep. I keep one of these gizmos in my RedOxx Sun Chaser bag.
Does anyone use the Skyrest Travel Pillow? It looks like it would be comfortable way to sleep, but i've never seen anyone use one.
I just bought a Skyrest Travel pillow for our trip to Scotland next week. I'll let you know how it went

I have used the inflatable C shaped neck pillows in the past, and they are better than nothing (keeps me from getting a pain in my neck) but I think this will be even better, especially as I'm not in a window seat.
Mrs. PVDProf and I received a couple Eagle Creek inflatable neck pillows as a wedding present, for our honeymoon in OZ. I've been using it on a lot of redeyes recently, and I really love it. Inflatable is the way to go because it's so packable, and the pressure is adjustable. I can adjust the pressure in the pillow to be appropriate for how my head lies against different headrests (I usually deflate it slightly, so my head doesn't have to tip back to hit the seat headrest).
Quote: I'm also making the trip to Sydney soon.

After doing some research and relying on some recommendations from this board, I settled on the Komfort Kollar (http://www.magellans.com/store/In_Fl...etsIF383?Args=). The regular horseshoe type pillows don't do it for me and I always end up with a pain in the neck. This one looks like something you'd get for a spinal injury, but I like the way it supports the head all the way around.
Quote: I've used the blow up versions of the Komfort Color for years and just bought a new one. Does what it says! Much easier to sleep. I keep one of these gizmos in my RedOxx Sun Chaser bag.
great choice ^ on the komfort kollar-i've been using one for years and i swear by it (and i've replaced it twice for no charge due to it leaking-talk about great service by magellan's ^)

n.b. where it is a full "cervical collar" vs a horseshoe design, your neck will sweat-my solution is to take a full size bandanna and line the inside and top and bingo-nice and cool.
I would buy a real pillow (not inflatable or travel or such) as a disposable item. This works particularly well if you have a window seat.
I bought a cushie http://www.cushiepillows.com/products.php?cat=402 which I really like. The round the neck pillows don't work for me because the amount of material behind the neck is too thick for my comfort. I really like the cushie because it isn't filled completely, so you can squish it and make it fuller in some places and thinner in others. You can use it up against a window if you have a window seat. It's more versatile than a neck pillow.

I think I bought it at DTW.
The Eagle Creek pillow is well made and comfy, but isn't great for forward-leaning sleepers.
Quote: Does anyone use the Skyrest Travel Pillow? It looks like it would be comfortable way to sleep, but i've never seen anyone use one.
It looks comfortable, maybe a little silly, but comfortable
I've flown Sydney-London and Sydney-LA quite a few times and never had any problems with the horseshoe shaped pillows. I find it makes a difference to get one that is fabric-covered though. It's just nicer against your skin and makes me more likely to sleep because it feels more like a pillow, despite being inflatable (I never have the room for anything else.)
Another huge recommendation for Komfort Kollar.^ I have used the horseshoe ones before, but couldn't get any substantitive sleep on long-hauls (12+ hours). It was good for about two hours, but I wanted 6 hours +.

I found my head falling forward too much on the horseshoe collars. When I use the Komfort Kollar, I can rest my head anywhere in 360 degrees, even sitting almost straight up.