Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by brunotattaglia
They seemed to have re-designed them again around 08, I don't think the newest version is high quality. Someone else can chime in.
I have both the 22" and 26" models from the 2008 redesign. The 22" has been with me for 100,000 miles and in 10 countries in the last couple years. It still looks brand new.

The 26" hasn't seen quite that much use (only use it when planning on out-of-state shopping excursions and plan on bringing lots of stuff back--when you live in Godforsaken places like Alaska, you have to plan on that kind of thing occasionally ), but it went all over Southeast Asia and Australia for two months and held up just fine.

The older ones may be more luxurious (the new ones don't have leather handles, for example), but the new ones do seem to hold up quite nicely and are very light. I'd be surprised if my 22" is over 9 pounds.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Dredging up old thread...

Do they still make the 22"? Went to my local Costco to buy one as a gift yesterday. Only the 26" and nothing on the website.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Recently some people have posted that the company that made these went bankrupt, and the supply in stores varies a lot.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 9:02 pm

The new 22" carry-ons are in the B&M in the DFW-area Costco I visited... Looks more like Tumi than Tumi. It reverted back to the zipper expansion versus the pull. Very sharp and light. Available in any color as long as it's black.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:52 am

Awesome - thanks for the update. Can exchange the extra one I got when they went scarce for one of the new models.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 8:36 pm

Anybody got pics?
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:11 pm

I went to my local Costco looking for the Kirkland 22" roller, but none was found. There were plenty of the Tumi T-Techs in black available for $199.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

beckoa reports the new 22" Kirklands are available at Store #63!

Pics have been requested. Might be too late, though.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 1:26 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jackal
beckoa reports the new 22" Kirklands are available at Store #63!

Pics have been requested. Might be too late, though.
I think I might want to get one of these for my wife for Christmas. Does this mean I have to take a luggage run to ANC???

Anywhere else have them?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:20 am

Programs: *G
Costco Denver (arvada) has the "new" 22"

I bought mine around last year. This new one has different tags. The U handle has uniform radius/thickness. Otherwise similar external pockets and such. I didnt check the inside.... love the expansion feature but i dont like implementation on mine -- difficult to access the valve to expand
Old Dec 7, 2009, 2:50 pm

I called the Costcos in my area and found the new Kirkland 22" at the South San Francisco store (El Camino). Just picked one up from there.....about six on the shelf.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Saw a few at the Madison Heights, MI store yesterday for $99.99. Was surprised they were $30 more than the 26".
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hobo13
Does this mean I have to take a luggage run to ANC???
All are welcome! We'll even host a DO with you as the guest of honor!
Old Dec 7, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
Costco Denver (arvada) has the "new" 22"

I bought mine around last year. This new one has different tags. The U handle has uniform radius/thickness. Otherwise similar external pockets and such. I didnt check the inside.... love the expansion feature but i dont like implementation on mine -- difficult to access the valve to expand
Ha, I was just at the Arvada store and found the pile over along the wall. Got it for $99. I guess this is the new one, as the tag says 2009 on it.

Is the consensus that these are still of good quality? It certainly looks pretty nice.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 1:16 pm

I just saw these at the Durham, NC Costco ($99.99, same price as everywhere else). They look really nice-- wheels appear to be solid, Cordura ballistic nylon, etc. I tried to open the floor model, but it was held shut by a plastic zip tie. The booklet attached to the suitcase showed that it has a fold-out suit hanger inside the lid, similar to my B&R rollaboard. If the Costco version came in any color other than black, I'd be tempted to buy one, but I like my pretty blue B&R, even at more than twice the price of the Costco bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.