Henk

Old Mar 23, 2008, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Henk

I had the TV on in the background last night. Was watching luxury something or other and saw Henk suitcase. Looks cool but with such a hefty price tag you have got to have more money than sense.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:22 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
OMG... you need more than sense... you need lots of cents as well....

Very nice... but I would never spend that type of money on luggage.

William
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Im not exactly a frugal person

And that is insane.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

At about EUR20,000 or so per bag (plus VAT within Europe and customs duty elsewhere), I think it would compliment my Costco underwear very nicely.

I guess Henk customers never need wheels on their baggage, they have their 'man' to take care of all that.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
At about EUR20,000 or so per bag (plus VAT within Europe and customs duty elsewhere), I think it would compliment my Costco underwear very nicely.

I guess Henk customers never need wheels on their baggage, they have their 'man' to take care of all that.
If I ever get so much money that I have a 20,000 Euro suitcase, it isnt going to be a guy carrying it for me. Er, forget I said that
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It has wheels. they are hidden in the sides and come out when you pull out the telescope handle. The wheels are big with spikes.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Emma65
It has wheels. they are hidden in the sides and come out when you pull out the telescope handle. The wheels are big with spikes.
How much horsepower?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cmon, $30K for quality luggage isnt that bad. i dont think that gets you bespoke from henk does it? but its serious quality.

what gets more ridiculous is $30K for, say a pen thats not even limited edition.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
cmon, $30K for quality luggage isnt that bad. i dont think that gets you bespoke from henk does it? but its serious quality.

what gets more ridiculous is $30K for, say a pen thats not even limited edition.
Both are so ridiculous that it would be difficult if not impossible for me to argue that one was more or less ridiculous than the other. Also, about the most I have seem for a non-limited edition pen is a couple thousand.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cmon, $30K for quality luggage isnt that bad.
This $30k gets you ONE smallish bag. It's an insane price, bordering on stupid.

$30k for a full set of luggage would be silly, but at least you'd be getting something for your money.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

im just saying this is nothing compared to some products that are out there. also, production materials >
...yearly sales cap of 200 cases...

...even with 45 lbs inside, the case exerts only an ounce of pressure in the user’s hand...eliminates the standard rumble of a rolling suitcase...retractable titanium wheels...

...carbon-fiber composite shell, created with the same processes that forge the strong, lightweight cockpit of a Formula-1 racecar. Inside, rare Italian wood veneer and woven horsehair fashion unique compartments for belongings, inspired by the upholstery of the Queen Mum’s chair. The buttons are made from the finest black ebony wood – the material of Stradivarius violins – and the interior dividers are composed of the super-strong fabric of parachutes...

...built-in case that preserves the moisture of cigars...attaché case of calf leather...
http://www.frogdesign.com/case-study...d-luggage.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 27, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 27, 2008, 5:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

im just saying this is nothing compared to some products that are out there. also, production materials >
...yearly sales cap of 200 cases...

...even with 45 lbs inside, the case exerts only an ounce of pressure in the user’s hand...eliminates the standard rumble of a rolling suitcase...retractable titanium wheels...

...carbon-fiber composite shell, created with the same processes that forge the strong, lightweight cockpit of a Formula-1 racecar. Inside, rare Italian wood veneer and woven horsehair fashion unique compartments for belongings, inspired by the upholstery of the Queen Mum’s chair. The buttons are made from the finest black ebony wood – the material of Stradivarius violins – and the interior dividers are composed of the super-strong fabric of parachutes...

...built-in case that preserves the moisture of cigars...attaché case of calf leather...
http://www.frogdesign.com/case-study...d-luggage.html
None of which makes it anything other than stupid
Old Mar 27, 2008, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

who cares how people spend their money...

most of this stuff is more ridiculous >
http://www.bornrich.org/entry/top-15...-collectibles/
Old Mar 27, 2008, 6:25 pm

who cares how people spend their money...
Apparently you.

No argument that is is as stupid or more so. It doesnt change my view of Henk suitcases. Although at least they arent hideously tacky like most of the stuff in the above link (with a noteworthy exception to Molly Sims)
Old Mar 27, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I find funny about all these things is that the underlying article is pretty mundane. They just superglued diamonds on it to meet the targeted price. No craftsmanship required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.