Wiki Posts
Search

B&R/Tumi - Buy in UK or US?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HHonors Gold
B&R/Tumi - Buy in UK or US?

I'm off to NY for a short, 2 night stay in a few weeks. I've been drooling over a B&R or Tumi carry on or garment carrier. Is it better/cheaper to buy in US or UK (factoring in local sales taxes etc)?

If I buy in the UK I can obviously use the case for both legs, but it's a long term investment so the loss of use on one leg wouldn't be a deal breaker if the case is much cheaper in the US.

If US, any advice where to buy in NY (or East NJ where I will be on Sunday pm, go Jets!)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by paule23
I'm off to NY for a short, 2 night stay in a few weeks. I've been drooling over a B&R or Tumi carry on or garment carrier. Is it better/cheaper to buy in US or UK (factoring in local sales taxes etc)?

If I buy in the UK I can obviously use the case for both legs, but it's a long term investment so the loss of use on one leg wouldn't be a deal breaker if the case is much cheaper in the US.

If US, any advice where to buy in NY (or East NJ where I will be on Sunday pm, go Jets!)
Ref B&R...
You'll find the prices fairly similar here to those in the US, so my opinion is that it wouldn't be worth waiting until you're there to get yours. I got my B&R case from the Amazon Outlet, which is certainly worth checking... It was brand new, completely sealed in it's packaging and saved well over a hundred quid iirc!

Example pricing for the baseline 2 wheel garment bag... Direct from B&R $529, over here it's about Ł479 at most stockists. It's cheaper there, but only by about 70 quid... If you use a discount code then the price comes down to more or less the same... 10% off for first order at CaseLuggage.com when you sign up for their newsletter and place your first order (there's a popup when you visit the site), for example

Last edited by DangerM55; Sep 10, 2017 at 7:04 pm Reason: Edited to add that I only know about B&R, not Tumi!
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You could sign up for a Bloomingdales CC for 10% off for new members then stack it with their Hot savings or whatever they're doing for Columbus Day promos. Just make sure you pay off the CC bill at once after purchasing it using cash,
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
You could sign up for a Bloomingdales CC for 10% off for new members then stack it with their Hot savings or whatever they're doing for Columbus Day promos. Just make sure you pay off the CC bill at once after purchasing it using cash,
If they live in the UK then chances are they're not going to be able to sign up for a Bloomingdales credit card....
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HHonors Gold
Thanks for the advice, I'm not going for.a few weeks so it looks like UK buy whilst I keep an eye out for any special offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.