Confortable, easy on traveling shoes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confortable, easy on traveling shoes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
OluKai has a bunch of styles in addition to the ones noted above. Several of them have the fold feature, but I'm not sure about waterproof. Also check the soles to make sure you are ok with them.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France, Middle east companies
Originally Posted by Need
Have you tried OluKai Moloa? I just got a pair from REI (on sales for $99) and they are so comfortable. I took out the manufacturer insert and put in my custom orthotic. They look kind of like your Maui fold and the back of these are also foldable. They come in many colors. The one I got was light brown and I think they are discontinue at REI so they were on sales.
I didn't try them, as I didn't know about them. From what I have seen, they are fitting quite well my requierements. Now I have search more information in order to find out which model, and how to buy it from France.

Thanks for your help!

Franck
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Franckjb
I didn't try them, as I didn't know about them. From what I have seen, they are fitting quite well my requierements. Now I have search more information in order to find out which model, and how to buy it from France.

Thanks for your help!

Franck
I don't know how popular they are in other countries but they are pretty huge in California as they are based at Huntington Beach. I think the material you want would be the waxed nubuck one with the water resistance coating. It's not gore-tex though. If you are ordering them online, make sure you go 1/2 size smaller. They are about 1/2 size bigger than most other shoes.... if you read the reviews on them.. others said the same thing.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, UA Club, Marriott/SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kent
I've got a pair on right now that I picked up last week. They're great. A very comfortable, lightweight shoe that is breathable. Can be double as daytime and casual evening shoe with jeans/chinos, etc.
All Birds are great. They actually leased space from us in SF for a while before they moved into the new retail space.

I have a pair of the slip-ons in black, bought them specifically for red eyes. I can wear them no socks, take them on and off super easy. I'll bring/wear some comfortable socks if I want to sleep without shoes (unless I can wrap up in an F blanket in a lie flat) but frankly you could sleep in these comfortably.

Also good for walking when you reach your destination and can be worn with sweats, jeans, short, etc.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
I don't know how popular they are in other countries but they are pretty huge in California as they are based at Huntington Beach. I think the material you want would be the waxed nubuck one with the water resistance coating. It's not gore-tex though. If you are ordering them online, make sure you go 1/2 size smaller. They are about 1/2 size bigger than most other shoes.... if you read the reviews on them.. others said the same thing.
Thank you for the sizing advice, as i am more than like to order online.
Honestly I never heard about them (but i am not a shoes addict, despite my post).
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Welcome to Flyertalk. I'm a huge fan of Mephisto and Ecco. I have worn Mephisto loafers for a while in a couple different styles. I wouldn't call them waterproof though. I also have a pair of Ecco Trac II low cut shoes that are very comfortable and completely waterproof (Gore-Tex liner) but they tie on versus loafers. They are quite easy to take on and off, however.
I agree with both brands. I had one pair of Ecco dress shoes that were more comfortable than many of the athletic shoes I've owned.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:33 pm

Another vote for AllBirds. I have three pairs, my son's second pair is waiting on our doorstep right now. Haven't tried the slip-ons, but the lace-ups are easy to take on/off without tying. They are totally not waterproof, but they are light and wicked comfortable with and without socks. They won't work with a suit unless you go full hipster with some outlandish color combinations and maybe a monocle to display your "character," but the black ones will pass in most other travel situations.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by p_man
Another vote for AllBirds. I have three pairs, my son's second pair is waiting on our doorstep right now. Haven't tried the slip-ons, but the lace-ups are easy to take on/off without tying. They are totally not waterproof, but they are light and wicked comfortable with and without socks. They won't work with a suit unless you go full hipster with some outlandish color combinations and maybe a monocle to display your "character," but the black ones will pass in most other travel situations.
Allbirds seems great, but to be honest, I have some concern about their durability, and by the effect of water on them (bit of water and some walking might damage them).

Unfortunately I am already wearing eyeglasses, so I can't use a monocle to display my "character" .

Thanks
Franck
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:13 pm

You can throw Allbirds in the wash with great success. A bit of water will be fine

Great product with an exciting future

Originally Posted by Franckjb
Allbirds seems great, but to be honest, I have some concern about their durability, and by the effect of water on them (bit of water and some walking might damage them).

Unfortunately I am already wearing eyeglasses, so I can't use a monocle to display my "character" .

Thanks
Franck

Last edited by bmoeller1; Sep 5, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: US Gold
I've traveled in Merrell Jungle Mocs for years - very comfortable, no hands needed to take off and put on, good walking shoes. Made for both men and women.

wg
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by wendyg
I've traveled in Merrell Jungle Mocs for years - very comfortable, no hands needed to take off and put on, good walking shoes. Made for both men and women.
I had a couple pairs of "old" Jungle Mocs (2007 or so?) Merrell re-did their lasts a few years back and almost none of their shoes fit me properly now

My husband insists on shoes that tie, so he'll never get an "easy on" shoe - but for comfort, loves Merrell & Ecco, esp the goretex options.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/05/al...n-fresh-funds/

^ Allbirds expanding into new materials
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Qatar Airways Privilege, Clan LoganAir
Bought a pair of Vans Classic Slip-Ons for a three-week trip to Seoul and having just returned I'd thoroughly recommend them. Very comfortable and a decent price as well.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by RobCH
Bought a pair of Vans Classic Slip-Ons for a three-week trip to Seoul and having just returned I'd thoroughly recommend them. Very comfortable and a decent price as well.
I wear a similar style Sperry when traveling especially for vacation or a the Sperry Gold slip on styles when I am on a business trip.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
http://www.merrell.com/US/en/moab-ro...of/17267M.html

I started using the Merrell Moab Rover this year and find them to be great. Feet stay dry on wet days and dewey grass and the solid leather gives them a nice look compared to the mesh panels found on most Moab models. Obviously, Merrell is known for hiking footwear, so spending all day walking around in these shoes is no problem. I bring these and a causal leather oxford for all my work travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.