Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travel clock with time projection

Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

I posted recently about sleep problems in hotels and people offered some good tips.

I try to keep light to a minimum but blackout curtains rarely mean absolute blackout. The worst thing is checking my phone for the time in the middle of the night but this has a strong light, even at a lower setting.

So I thought about buying a projector clock which will has the time showing on the ceiling/wall all the time rather than have to push a button.

There are lots on Amazon but does anyone have a particularly one to recommend?

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:23 am

I've replaced my alarm clock with a dock for my phone. It will charge the phone and I can say "hey Siri. What time is it" . I looked at options that you are but didnt find anything that kept the room dark enough.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
Why not a 'clock' app on your phone? There are plenty of iPhone and Android apps that will create a soft, very dim clock on your charging screen... and those are free, without taking up space in your luggage.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Why not a 'clock' app on your phone? There are plenty of iPhone and Android apps that will create a soft, very dim clock on your charging screen... and those are free, without taking up space in your luggage.
I'm trying to have completely phone free nights. A few hours before bedtime, I've been avoiding touching, messaging, using my phone. So using a clock app is a total no no.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:52 pm

I don't have a recommendation for a projecting travel clock but have a few travel size Timex Indiglo style clocks. They produce a more muted light and the AA/AAA battery lasts several years.

You could also just bring an indiglo type watch or one with glow in the dark hands if you're just using it to check the time a few hours before bed and if you wake up at odd hours.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Sounds like you have more OCD issues than sleep issues.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Sounds like you have more OCD issues than sleep issues.
Always nice to read unhelpful critical waste of time comments.
TrekJohnC likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.