Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motherlode Weekender Convertible Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Motherlode Weekender Convertible Question

The Ebags Motherlode Weekender Convertible and Convertible Junior bags seem to be wearing a more subdued, script embroidered logo on the lower front panel these days (at least as depicted on the Ebags website) in all colors other black. The black versions seem to still be wearing the block-letterd Ebags patch in the upper center. Trying to figure why all other versions have been updated other than black one(s). I was never a fan of the old patch.

Last edited by LiveOak; Jul 23, 2017 at 7:39 pm Reason: text revision
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Maybe they had tons of the older style in inventory. I would think black would be the most popular color, so more inventory would be stocked. If you want black and can wait, the newer logo should be available in a few months, at least that would be my guess.

I have both versions of the Weekender Convertible (regular and junior) and it's a VERY good backpack. The junior is my preference for air trips with lots of walking through airports. It holds slightly less but is easier for me to carry (petite older woman).
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Your point about the inventory is probably spot on. I have invested a significant amount of $$$ in my quest to find the "perfect" carry-on bag for travel. I own them all - Red Oxx, Tom Bihn, Goruck, & Tumi. For my needs, it always seems that the Weekender Convertible Junior gets the nod, and it's the least expensive horse in the stable. Many of my flight segments originate out of CLE aboard EMB 145's. The Junior fits nicely under seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.