Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goruck GR3 is now available on pre-order

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Goruck GR3 is now available on pre-order

For those interested, the 45L GR3 is now available for pre-order for Nov/Dec delivery at a $100 discount off the regular price. It can be customized with or without front molle webbing, compression straps, or a handle. I want one!
https://www.goruck.com/gr3/
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by Skywalker505
For those interested, the 45L GR3 is now available for pre-order for Nov/Dec delivery at a $100 discount off the regular price. It can be customized with or without front molle webbing, compression straps, or a handle. I want one!
https://www.goruck.com/gr3/
must resist urge to order... must resist.....
Old Jul 11, 2017, 4:07 pm

I love my GR1, this GR3 is tempting
Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:43 pm

Just a little too big for my travel style..........even with the compression straps.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by LordHamster
must resist urge to order... must resist.....
Well. I caved. I figure, better to jump on it now at the discounted price. I can always take advantage of their free return if it turns out to be too enormous. I suspect it may work out like my Patagonia MLC where it allows for "flatter" packing due to the wider overall dimensions...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Well. I caved. I figure, better to jump on it now at the discounted price. I can always take advantage of their free return if it turns out to be too enormous. I suspect it may work out like my Patagonia MLC where it allows for "flatter" packing due to the wider overall dimensions...
I am this close to pulling the trigger. Did you order the optional side handles and molle webbing?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:23 pm

I am this close to pulling the trigger. Did you order the optional side handles and molle webbing?

Yeah. I ordered with both. The side handles are 100% a great idea. The front molle webbing I don't feel strongly about, but I figured I'd get it for 2 reasons:

1. It will match my GR1 / GR2
2. They seem to imply it will no longer be an option after launch...
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:45 pm

I'm torn about wanting to add the molle webbing. I can see it being used to hang extra items off it via carabiner or ties. However i have not used the webbing on my GR1 so far.

As for the side handles, I'm planning to add them.....

Arghhh, still torn whether i should jump on it.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

I am going to order both the side handles and the molle webbing. The handles are important, IMO. I have a carabiner hanging on the webbing of my GR1 and I will do the same with the GR3, because I like the way it looks Customer support confirmed that those options will not be incorporated in the final release.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
For the front molle to be really useful for carry on purposes the bag would need to be less 9" -- as things are, if you attach anything in front, you will be over and if your bag is measured you are screwd.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by chx1975
For the front molle to be really useful for carry on purposes the bag would need to be less 9" -- as things are, if you attach anything in front, you will be over and if your bag is measured you are screwd.
I actually wish they had Side Molle, that is what I use all the time on my current GR1/GR2. I use it with a little pouch to hold my spare battery-pack. This allows me to plug in my phone to the side of my bag. In a pinch I could mount this to the front molle I suppose. I was torn on the Molle though as it adds a bit of uniqueness to the bag yet could be seen as unprofessional looking, I guess.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:58 am

LordHamster - What type of pouch are you using for your battery pack? A Goruck field pocket, or something else? Just cuious.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by LiveOak
LordHamster - What type of pouch are you using for your battery pack? A Goruck field pocket, or something else? Just cuious.
I'm using a generic Molle pouch designed for large cell phones:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits my RavPower battery perfectly:

I've got one of these pouches mounted to the side of each of my bags. So when I switch from the GR1 to the GR2, I just move the battery to the pouch already mounted.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm using a generic Molle pouch designed for large cell phones:

It fits my RavPower battery perfectly:

I've got one of these pouches mounted to the side of each of my bags. So when I switch from the GR1 to the GR2, I just move the battery to the pouch already mounted.
You could carry the battery pack in the front slant pocket, a top pocket inside the bag (or a mounted field pocket), or mount your Molle pouch to a shoulder strap or the hip belt.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:21 pm

You could carry the battery pack in the front slant pocket, a top pocket inside the bag (or a mounted field pocket), or mount your Molle pouch to a shoulder strap or the hip belt.
Good points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.