Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa Classic Flight - any experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hello all!

I'm a newbie to FT, and learning lots!

It's time to update my luggage. I'm looking at the Rimowa Classic Flight in either the 70cm or 74cm, and wondered if anyone here had experience of this range? Are you happy with it?

I do appreciate that the consensus seems to favour the Topas over the Classic Flight, and I get that it is probably the superior product. However, for me I find the Topas too heavy in the size I need, plus I prefer the retro styling of the Classic Flight.

Price is not a huge concern, and I would prefer aluminium over polycarbonate (even though I know it is heavier!). Would love to hear experiences of owners, and whether they're happy with their purchase (or if they wish they'd gone for Topas!).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts - thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I have both, and this one feature makes me wish I had went with Topas all the way
Incredibly useful feature - I just realized how useful it is, when I got the Classic that doesn't have it.

Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Hi WilcoRoger,

Thanks so much for a speedy response - much appreciated!

A very good point, I can see the add-a-bag strap is very useful but I've never travelled with more than one case (even on a six month trip!) and I doubt that will change

Can I ask you if there is ever an instance where you prefer the Classic Flight over the Topas?

Thank you again!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No, not really. Aside from the esthetic part (de gustibus non est disputandum) I find the Topas to be of higher craftsmanship, especially the inner liners, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the Classic is a fine piece of luggage and it does have that nice retro design.

The luggage strap is a godsent - you can even put ANOTHER (smaller) Topas hanging there. I also use it extensively on my rollaboard - small item goes there (up to Redoxx MiniBoss), not on the expandable handle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.