Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheeled small laptop bag

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Wheeled small laptop bag

I usually use my Tom Bihn Synapse 25 to carry my computer, but I tore cartilage in my shoulder and I need to lay off the backpack for a while (perhaps the rest of the year.) So I am in need of a small wheeled laptop bag-- I'm looking for one that will fit my Macbook Pro 15" and my iPad pro, along with cables, and a few other things (files, papers, etc). My main concern is that it be lightweight (because I have to lift it in the overhead with a messed up shoulder) have a trolly sleeve, be small enough that i can get it on a regional jet without gate-checking it, and be under $200. I'm a woman, so I'm okay with it looking more like a business tote on wheels.

I've been doing some internet research and the main thing I can't seem to find out is that if its small enough to get onto a regional jet, because the traveling I'm doing this summer will mostly be on those. And the lightweight issue-- I have found several "mobile offices" and they are monstrous in terms of width and weight. So I wanted to ask people who knew by experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I need to get this sorted out in the next few weeks. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2017, 6:06 pm

I have been contemplating this small spinner on eBags
https://www.ebags.com/product/samson...uctid=10525770

The good:
13" width, where most mobile offices are 14+
8" deep, should fit in most overheads or some seats without IFE under seat
Spinner means your other item can sit on top and should be easier to pull than two wheels (except on carpeting).

The not great:
Weight distribution with laptop is towards the front, which may cause bag tipping.
No handles on bottom?
Slightly heavy
Wheels are not double wheels which usually roll better

Boarding Blue makes a few different personal item sized bags
https://www.boardingblue.org/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.