Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

victorinox travel strip (w extension cord)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.

I use a cpap and especially when traveling internationally, it seems the outlet is just out of reach. This has an approx 8" extension cord which is pretty sturdy, plus 3 spots to plug electronics and 1 USB slot.

I've lost 2 of them, and just looking on line there are several cheaper versions..Bestek etc. Has anyone had experience with any? Thanks.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:20 am
KCZ

I have a Bestek voltage converter with interchangeable outlet plugs, 3 outlets, 4 USB ports, and ~4 ft cord. It's kind of bulky but it solves a lot of problems, particularly in the picturesque B&B room with the single outlet under a table.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:43 am

Cpap user here, i travel extensively to asia.

I just buy a normal 12 fter from walmart or home depot and bring adapter for different countries. Amazon should also have reliable and inexpensive extension cords
Old May 12, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I use a cpap and especially when traveling internationally, it seems the outlet is just out of reach. This has an approx 8" extension cord which is pretty sturdy, plus 3 spots to plug electronics and 1 USB slot.

I've lost 2 of them, and just looking on line there are several cheaper versions..Bestek etc. Has anyone had experience with any? Thanks.
This one is good: https://www.amazon.com/iClever-Porta...ion+cord&psc=1

2 AC outlets and 4 USB sockets also build in surge protector which is usable in places with bad quality of electricity delivery, and also have a on off switch.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Cpap user here, i travel extensively to asia.

I just buy a normal 12 fter from walmart or home depot and bring adapter for different countries. Amazon should also have reliable and inexpensive extension cords
I travel internationally using extension cords and outlet taps (those things that turn two outlets into six or one outlet into three) attached to one plug converter. Just one thing to look out for: make sure that it doesn't have a fuse or a switch and can handle 2x the voltage if you are from the US. A fused or switched power strip - rather than a cheapo extension cord or a cheapo outlet tap - will interpret 240V as a surge and will go into "protect" mode where it breaks the circuit. This is why I don't travel with a power strip, but instead make my own from an extension cord and an outlet tap as those two things won't save my electronics in a power surge/those two things will work even on 240V.

Apologies if you aren't 120V American, though. I just wanted to put this information out there for any lurkers who may be.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by TheInfamousJ
I travel internationally using extension cords and outlet taps (those things that turn two outlets into six or one outlet into three) attached to one plug converter. Just one thing to look out for: make sure that it doesn't have a fuse or a switch and can handle 2x the voltage if you are from the US. A fused or switched power strip - rather than a cheapo extension cord or a cheapo outlet tap - will interpret 240V as a surge and will go into "protect" mode where it breaks the circuit. This is why I don't travel with a power strip, but instead make my own from an extension cord and an outlet tap as those two things won't save my electronics in a power surge/those two things will work even on 240V.

Apologies if you aren't 120V American, though. I just wanted to put this information out there for any lurkers who may be.
The iClever one I recommended have a spec that allows "AC Input: AC 100-240V 50-60Hz" so no problems there....^
Old May 14, 2017, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Thank you all. Doing a bit of traveling over the summer hauling stuff on trains etc, trying to keep things at minimum.

RD
Old May 15, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by KCZ
I have a Bestek voltage converter with interchangeable outlet plugs, 3 outlets, 4 USB ports, and ~4 ft cord. It's kind of bulky but it solves a lot of problems, particularly in the picturesque B&B room with the single outlet under a table.
Ah yes. That. I suspect https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1200_.jpg this one, right? That's my textbook example of "everything can be sold on Amazon and that's not a good thing". Listen to me: if someone tried to sell this in a brick and mortar store they would be fined out of existence. What for? Either because it's an electric hazard or because it's a fire hazard. Electric: it's missing ground as the plug is two pronged but provides three pronged outlets. Fire: the C5/C6 connector is 2.5A maximum while the NEMA 5-15 is 15A maximum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.