Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quality RFID blocking wallet?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Hi all,

Glad this thread was started. I have been reading about RFID and the security around debit and credit cards. I've read conflicting information as to if it is a serious threat. That said, would rather be careful and have something that blocks the data if it is real. What are people's general thoughts here?

Also, has anyone got a Ridge wallet? They look decent so considering getting one;

LINK
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:22 am

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Launer in the UK has a rifid blocking option for their wallets, which works superbly. I've had mine for 5 years now and it still gets positive and sometimes envious compliment. They are all hand made, customizable, and hold up very well to heat, sweat, and general wear.

I've tested the rifid blocking on key cards, payment terminals, and transit pay terminals in the US and Asia. It works every time!
gkyu likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:49 am

You all do realize that this is totally unnecessary.😂

Do some research and find out exactly how often your credit card is scanned by a scammer as you walk down the street. Here’s a hint if they’re standing on your foot you might want to be concerned, but otherwise.😂

and why would a scammer even go to this trouble? They’re going to have to spend money on equipment on the off chance that you walk by and they get it just right. When for the same amount of money they can go on the Internet and get literally hundreds of guaranteed good credit card numbers. Do some research- there’s no need to ever worry about RFID. Your credit card is not being compromised by someone with a scanner on the street corner as these vendors would like for you to believe.

https://losspreventionmedia.com/are-...d-theft/?amp=1

“Indeed, many fraud analysts and criminologists are on record as saying that trying to lift information from RFID credit cards would be a hugely difficult and tedious endeavor compared to the ease with which someone can cheaply procure a trove of credit card information on the Dark Web”
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You all do realize that this is totally unnecessary.😂

Do some research and find out exactly how often your credit card is scanned by a scammer as you walk down the street. Here’s a hint if they’re standing on your foot you might want to be concerned, but otherwise.😂

and why would a scammer even go to this trouble? They’re going to have to spend money on equipment on the off chance that you walk by and they get it just right. When for the same amount of money they can go on the Internet and get literally hundreds of guaranteed good credit card numbers. Do some research- there’s no need to ever worry about RFID. Your credit card is not being compromised by someone with a scanner on the street corner as these vendors would like for you to believe.

https://losspreventionmedia.com/are-...d-theft/?amp=1

“Indeed, many fraud analysts and criminologists are on record as saying that trying to lift information from RFID credit cards would be a hugely difficult and tedious endeavor compared to the ease with which someone can cheaply procure a trove of credit card information on the Dark Web”
In general, rifid blocking is unnecessary to protect against casual theft. However, there are certain cases in which it is quite helpful. In my case, it prevents me from getting charged for more than one trip when on a packed bus since the buses have payment terminals near all entrances located at hip-height (for me). On a full bus, often there's nowhere left to stand but next to the payment terminals.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.