Reload this Page >

Best Pants for Travel - Recommendations Needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pants for Travel - Recommendations Needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:25 am

Casual pants would be comfortable compared with jeans when we're traveling. I can't pick out the characteristics about the various brands so just advise the styles~~~
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by mevr
The better option is not wearing cargo pants. Ever.
You will have to pry my last pair of cargo shorts from my cold, dead hands
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:29 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by NoleATL
You will have to pry my last pair of cargo shorts from my cold, dead hands
For the truly befuddled, like myself, can you kindly explain why?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by C W
I'm guessing the amount of pockets?

Also, i just put in an order for UB pants from costco to see how the do against bluffworks.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by vletnguyen
Also, i just put in an order for UB pants from costco to see how the do against bluffworks.
I mean, I'm not sure it's entirely fair to compare $125 pr of pants to an $18 pair, but I'm interested to hear your opinions!!! (my husband owns Costco and he owns Outlier, so he's also a hi/lo dresser - but you can't really compare the 2, except the Outlier he has are heavier so he doesn't like to wear them for warmer temp travel....)
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by C W
Some people really like the utility of all those pockets. And remember that it's generally men who wear cargo pants and what do men not have that women generally do? Purses or, in other words, a place to put all your junk. Cargo pants solves that problem, although not in the most stylish way.

Some people hate cargo pants with the passion of a thousand suns. I think they're ugly, but useful. They're like the Ford Expedition of pants - (for most, unnecessarily) large, ugly, oodles of space.

These days, I only wear my cargo pants for work around the house (like when I'm feeling particularly manly and breaking out my hand tools and need places for my screwdrivers, leatherman, nails, and stuff). I do love my Kuhl shorts with the subtle lower side pockets (zippered and unzippered). Why? Because they're not as garish is cargo pockets, but still serve a utilitarian purpose.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I mean, I'm not sure it's entirely fair to compare $125 pr of pants to an $18 pair, but I'm interested to hear your opinions!!! (my husband owns Costco and he owns Outlier, so he's also a hi/lo dresser - but you can't really compare the 2, except the Outlier he has are heavier so he doesn't like to wear them for warmer temp travel....)
Its not going to be a direct comparison, as you know the vast difference in price. More of do I get some traits of the bluffworks quality/style/technical performance for a fraction of the cost.

My go to pants/shorts prior to bluffworks were bonobos brand.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Some people really like the utility of all those pockets. And remember that it's generally men who wear cargo pants and what do men not have that women generally do? Purses or, in other words, a place to put all your junk. Cargo pants solves that problem, although not in the most stylish way.

Some people hate cargo pants with the passion of a thousand suns. I think they're ugly, but useful. They're like the Ford Expedition of pants - (for most, unnecessarily) large, ugly, oodles of space.

These days, I only wear my cargo pants for work around the house (like when I'm feeling particularly manly and breaking out my hand tools and need places for my screwdrivers, leatherman, nails, and stuff). I do love my Kuhl shorts with the subtle lower side pockets (zippered and unzippered). Why? Because they're not as garish is cargo pockets, but still serve a utilitarian purpose.
I have been using https://loctote.com/ for my non essentials carry. It doesnt look touristy and somewhat comfortable. I got it during a kickstarter/indiegogo campaign.
I really like the euro "man purse" idea but cant seem to pull it off.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 5:49 pm

Location: Cupertino, CA - AA:PLT 2MM; Marriott:Plt; Hilton:Slv
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
The UB Tech men's travel pants are available on the Costco website now https://www.costco.com/UB-Tech-Men's...100303218.html
Inseams 30-36 which is nice. They don't have the color I bought in the store though. But I'll go through husband's closet and see if he needs navy, tan or grey that they have online....For $17.99

(I got an ankle length woman's travel pant too - nice basic black - I'll see how it holds up for $13.99)
Wow...what a nice comfortable pair of pants for $18 bucks! Got them yesterday, liked them so much, went to order another blue one and they didn't have the size anymore. Can't believe they are only $18 bucks still. Hell, I might wear them to work.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by gwade
Wow...what a nice comfortable pair of pants for $18 bucks! Got them yesterday, liked them so much, went to order another blue one and they didn't have the size anymore. Can't believe they are only $18 bucks still. Hell, I might wear them to work.

So I got mine on Friday, tried it on and returned them on Sunday to Costco.

differences between the two:
expandable waist, more "swish", right side zippered "cargo" pocket.

the cargo pocket should fit most phones with slim or no case, not sure if you had the iphone 7+ with huge case though.

Reason I returned was because the pant legs were HUGE. I read some of the reviews saying it was "slim" fit. Maybe costco does what amazon does and combines reviews. I received the classic fit, and the fit was not flattering to me. I have both "classic/regular" and "tailored/slim" in bluffworks and they provide a far better cut.
I didnt think it was worth it to take the UB pants to be tapered to my liking as it would cost more than the pants itself.

Hoping/waiting to see if they have a slim fit version. Overall you cant go wrong with these pants especially for $17 bucks, but the HUGE pant legs weren't for me and I'm not even a skinner guy.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
+1 for KUHL. Started with the Renegade and now with the Slax:

http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/slax/

From working out in the field/range to night out in town.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:48 pm

I wear my Bluffworks original whenever I need to wear nice pants now. They don't wrinkle or get smelly easily and look good.

I just today picked up the Costco 17.99 utechs - should be perfect for flying and daily use! Not that the Bluffworks aren't, but spills happen..
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Just got some clothing arts shorts as a test. Amazing they ran big. Deep pick pocket resistant pockets. Down to the knees. Felt like cotton but 100% nylon. May be useful since the EU has been so hot.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, American EXP
Casting my vote for LuLuLemon ABC pants....highly breathable, stretch. Material and just look good. They are my go to pants for long travel days.

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-pan...or=32476&sz=34
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Well, since this was bumped....Our costco (and the website) has the UB tech travel pants again. Just picked up gray for my husband. Our store also has a new 32Degree travel pant - I picked up one of that pair ($20) but didn't like the fit on my husband - even though they aren't pleated, they fit like a pleated - too "roomy" around the waist to look good on my husband. I don't see those online.

The website UB pants do say "classic" fit, so I'm not sure if that will be too roomy for you or not. My husband has the 32X30 and they don't seem to be too big at all. https://www.costco.com/UB-Tech-Men's...100423919.html

Free shipping, returns to a store - easy to try, at least (mine were $1 cheaper in the store - $17.99 vs $18.99 online, for full disclosure ;-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.