Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluffworks Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Bluffworks Blazer?

Anyone own the Bluffworks Blazer? Would love to get some feeback on it.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K
Got mine a few days ago. It appears to be as described in the videos... I haven't tried swimming in it yet.

For reference, I fit a 44T in a Tilley blazer almost perfectly. I ordered a 44Long in Bluff, but the sleeves were a touch short and I couldn't button it across my midsection. The customer service has been beyond fantastic and are shipping me a new blazer, but it may take a few more weeks just because they're busy fulfililng the orders.

In terms of stylistic points, it's also less... 'structured' than my Tilley. The shoulder pads aren't as pronounced, and the fabric is more flexible.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that. When you've gotten your replacement and worn it a while, would love your feedback.

Originally Posted by Boogie711
Got mine a few days ago. It appears to be as described in the videos... I haven't tried swimming in it yet.

For reference, I fit a 44T in a Tilley blazer almost perfectly. I ordered a 44Long in Bluff, but the sleeves were a touch short and I couldn't button it across my midsection. The customer service has been beyond fantastic and are shipping me a new blazer, but it may take a few more weeks just because they're busy fulfililng the orders.

In terms of stylistic points, it's also less... 'structured' than my Tilley. The shoulder pads aren't as pronounced, and the fabric is more flexible.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Boogie711

I ordered a blazer when I saw the Kickstarter -- 42R and I also found it a bit more snug across the belly than expected. Since I've lost a bit of weight recently, it works out fine. Shoulders and sleeves seem normal, though.

It would probably look a bit awkward if I actually put an iPad in one of the big inside pockets, by the way.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Slim or Classic fit?

Originally Posted by mauve
I ordered a blazer when I saw the Kickstarter -- 42R and I also found it a bit more snug across the belly than expected. Since I've lost a bit of weight recently, it works out fine. Shoulders and sleeves seem normal, though.

It would probably look a bit awkward if I actually put an iPad in one of the big inside pockets, by the way.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Slim or Classic fit?
Classic.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what color did you get?

Classic.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:51 pm

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what color did you get?
It's grey.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Oh great. Can you tell me how it looks in real life compared to in the pictures on their site? I can't quite tell if it is a dark gray (how the photos on the site look), or gray gray (photos I've seen on other sites)

Thanks!

It's grey.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:59 pm

I'd say it's pretty dark, but has little flecks of a lighter gray rather than being a completely solid color.

You wouldn't confuse it with black, for example,
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I'd say it's pretty dark, but has little flecks of a lighter gray rather than being a completely solid color.

You wouldn't confuse it with black, for example,
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these. Reviews seem to be pretty good across the board. Probably go with blue. Found a good video, I think from the kickstarter, that showed the difference between classic and slim. Based on that, definitely going with classic.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:33 pm

Think I am going to pull the trigger on one of these. Reviews seem to be pretty good across the board. Probably go with blue. Found a good video, I think from the kickstarter, that showed the difference between classic and slim. Based on that, definitely going with classic.
Would appreciate your feedback (and any others) as well if you went ahead with the order.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

I did purchase the blue one. Very happy with it so far. Had to have the sleeves shortened but that was expected. I worried that it may be too lightweight before I bought it, but in fact it is a very nice weight. I've scrunched it and washed it and it looks great. Pockets are awesome of course. I've worn it casually and along with a tie, and it looks great both ways. It lives in the sweet spot between not too formal and not too casual. Not cheap, but I've been happy with their other products for a while now, so I've come to believe it is worth the cost. Thumbs up.

Originally Posted by LWT3
Would appreciate your feedback (and any others) as well if you went ahead with the order.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:37 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I did purchase the blue one. Very happy with it so far. Had to have the sleeves shortened but that was expected. I worried that it may be too lightweight before I bought it, but in fact it is a very nice weight. I've scrunched it and washed it and it looks great. Pockets are awesome of course. I've worn it casually and along with a tie, and it looks great both ways. It lives in the sweet spot between not too formal and not too casual. Not cheap, but I've been happy with their other products for a while now, so I've come to believe it is worth the cost. Thumbs up.
Yeah, I seriously considering finally pulling the trigger on this.

Does anyone have experience wearing this on warmer days? WOuld you call it Summer weight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.