Search

Travel Insurance help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Travel Insurance help

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any companies that would provide reasonable Travel Insurance for up to 30 days for a trip to Poland?
The insurance would just cover medical/health.

Thank You
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
insuremytrip.com is one often cited website to shop for travel insurance. Costs can be all over the place based on your needs, wants, age, pre-existing conditions, .....

Also, have you verified you don't have overseas medical insurance with your current policy? My Blue Cross PPO has in-network doctors and hospitals world wide.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I also use insuremytrip.com to compare all the different factors including customer reviews. There may be other similar sites.

Kinda hard to recommend "product X" as there are many variables to what can be selected as coverage; premium is related to trip price typically; "reasonable" means different things; and the exact product names and such are always subject to change. Use the above or another comparison/shopping site and see for yourself what you like.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
If you have or know a travel agent, ask him/her.

My travel agent just insured my wife and myself for a three-week trip to the Middle East in a couple of months. Compared to what the tour operator offered (the first half of our trip is a university alumni tour operated on their behalf by a company that specializes in that sort of thing) we paid less, are covered for our entire trip and not just the first half, and are covered on our separately-booked flights as well. And, because the trip is a combination of an alumni tour, visits to family, and award flights, we didn't even book any part of it through this TA - though we've booked other stuff through her in the past and she's probably confident that we'll book more in the future.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you for your answers. I've checked insuremytrip.com and from the data provided I should be able to buy 15 days insurance for $16.

The insurance is not for me. Polish embassy requires health insurance for minimum of 30,000 Euros just to apply for the visa.
I did some research on the internet and found few insurance companies offering wide variety of policies ranging from $15 to $50 for the period specified. I just don't know which of them are reliable since I never bought one (also have BCBS PPO with intl travel).

If you guys are saying that insuremytrip.com is legitimate I can purchase from them.

Thank you
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Travel Insurance topics belong in the Travel Products Forum.
Please follow this thread as I move it to that Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Another vote for insuremytrip.com

Insuremytrip.com was terrific for us - not just reputable, with access to a wide range of options and carriers, but also the phone agents I've dealt with were very knowledgable and articulate and able to ask the right questions and educate you as to what to think about in making a selection. Great experience.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:15 am

If you are looking for an affordable medical insurance plan for a trip to Poland and if money is an issue, you can go for a low-priced limited coverage plan. However comprehensive coverage plan is always good to opt. I'd suggest you to compare plans before purchasing. I personally prefer VisitorsCoverage to compare plans and companies providing insurance. Just explore the site you'll find various plans choose the one best suits you.
Good Luck!
Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.