Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing lack of public reviews on B&R Laptop briefs--Any FT'ers help welcome

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Amazing lack of public reviews on B&R Laptop briefs--Any FT'ers help welcome

I am finally making the change from an old Hartmann leather briefcase to the general class of laptop brief. I am tired of having to wrap the leather handles around my Briggs and Riley spinner handle when riding on top, and stuff sliding out when stored on its side in overhead compartments or when it falls on its side underneath my seat. My desire/requirements for a new bag are (a) all pockets need to close; (b) a sleeve to hold onto my B&R spinner; (c) hold a Lenovo laptop and a Macbook pro, and (d) price under $350. Although I absolutely love my B&R spinner, I was open to other brands for the laptop bag, but eventually zeroed in on the B&R @work medium expandable brief (KB207X) and the @work medium brief (KB200). Originally, I was drawn to the expandable, but the online reviews (I could not find any on FT, so if I missed it, please feel free to direct me to them) were mixed at best. Problems included the tendency to fall over and heavy weight. As a result, I am considering going with the KB 200, and just resolving to carry less. There is an incredible paucity of feedback online (reliable or otherwise), so I thought I would ask the group with the most experience, and whose thoughts and recommendations I can trust--fellow FT'ers! Many thanks in advance and, again, if this particular topic has already been addressed, please redirect me and shut this thread down! BeanTownBoy
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

they work great? ive not had any issues with any B&R, including these
- slim brief is great, especially when not traveling, but have flown with it
- large rolling brief took many years to have problem, fixed free locally

i am guessing discussion here uses other terms (for searching etc)
and seems cant search ""B&R" for example
when searching brief have to say "brief" to get it to work

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 28, 2017 at 12:49 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
@Kagehitokiri: Thanks! Will let you know how it goes. BTB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.