Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Rimowa Topas Sport Multiwheel

Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Anyone use this model as a piece of checked luggage in lieu of standard style of checked luggage? I just bought a pair of these for a up coming trip to Sri Lanka in December. I carry lots of bicycle gear and equipment with me and i think things like my helmets, shoes, pumps and gear would be a better fit in one of these.

I need to lay off "THE RIMOWA" website as i find way to many things i really like in the Topas Lineup..
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Great Pieces of Luggage

I really like these after receiving them the other day. Plenty of room..
Attached Images   
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

I also just bought a pair of 29inch Rimowa Topas Aluminum Cases that should arrive next Tuesday. I will just cringe when i send these off on the conveyor belt the very first time but will get over it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

More Rimowa

I also recently bought the 3 Rimowa Topas Carryons and as i said before, need to stay off of LUGGAGEPROS Website..
Attached Images   
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:41 am

When I went to exchange my 32" topas (too big) to the 29" ones I saw the Sport ones. They look more like equipment boxes than luggage though. I think they will be perfect for the gears and such. The 29" are perfect in size for us. The 32" are just way too huge. Can't wait to use them next week.

Oh and when I was at the store I asked the guy why the color ones (stealth, copper, campaign) are so much more expansive? He said something about the extra process coloring the aluminum... and the extra shoes bags.. heh.. okay. I wonder if you could just powder coat them? Probably cost less!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Need
When I went to exchange my 32" topas (too big) to the 29" ones I saw the Sport ones. They look more like equipment boxes than luggage though. I think they will be perfect for the gears and such. The 29" are perfect in size for us. The 32" are just way too huge. Can't wait to use them next week.

Oh and when I was at the store I asked the guy why the color ones (stealth, copper, campaign) are so much more expansive? He said something about the extra process coloring the aluminum... and the extra shoes bags.. heh.. okay. I wonder if you could just powder coat them? Probably cost less!
I ended up buying 2 of the 29icn Topas Aluminum and one 30inch topas aluminum plus the 2 topas trunks..Now i will panic to see what kind of abuse they take when i head to Colombo, Sri lanka in December..I know but i will be bothered to see them scratched and dented..Arghhh
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Rimowa

Only one missing here in the pics is my 2nd 29 inch Topas Aluminum.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Flying Blue Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriot Plat (TWA / NWA - million miler)
I just got one in the mail yesterday. First trip will be IAH-NRT-PUS-NRT-SIN-NRT-IAH... with 5 hotels, this will be a good first journey. If it holds up, it will get to do this trip a few times per year... otherwise its going on ebay... (I got it for under $700 via a EU vendor). Great price, and low risk if i dont like it....
Old Oct 21, 2016, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Z Man
I just got one in the mail yesterday. First trip will be IAH-NRT-PUS-NRT-SIN-NRT-IAH... with 5 hotels, this will be a good first journey. If it holds up, it will get to do this trip a few times per year... otherwise its going on ebay... (I got it for under $700 via a EU vendor). Great price, and low risk if i dont like it....
You just got one what in the mail? What model#..I myself when buying did not even check around on prices as i just went to Luggage pros and bought them. I am not screwing around looking overseas to save a few bucks as its not worth the time and effort for me but to each his own. Bargain hunting was really not a issue when i decided on buying Rimowa..
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Flying Blue Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriot Plat (TWA / NWA - million miler)
Originally Posted by bulbmogul
You just got one what in the mail? What model#..I myself when buying did not even check around on prices as i just went to Luggage pros and bought them. I am not screwing around looking overseas to save a few bucks as its not worth the time and effort for me but to each his own. Bargain hunting was really not a issue when i decided on buying Rimowa..

Arrived via USPS....
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Z Man

Arrived via USPS....
Great..Bought 2 of those myself and they will be taken to Sri Lanka and the maldives in December..
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Removable Dividers?

Originally Posted by bulbmogul
Anyone use this model as a piece of checked luggage in lieu of standard style of checked luggage? I just bought a pair of these for a up coming trip to Sri Lanka in December. I carry lots of bicycle gear and equipment with me and i think things like my helmets, shoes, pumps and gear would be a better fit in one of these.

I need to lay off "THE RIMOWA" website as i find way to many things i really like in the Topas Lineup..
Are the dividers removable? I want to have a huge cavern to put some larger items inside which would fill most of the interior.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.