Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Looking for a recco on men's dress/walking shoes

Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta FO

I normally pack a pair of Ecco men's loafers along with my Columbia sneakers for putting on the miles walking, but am trying to transition to a lighter load. Ideally, I'd like to find something that is good looking enough that I can wear at a relatively nice dinner establishment (not formal), but sporty enough that I can use to walk 10 miles a day. Any ideas?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
I normally pack a pair of Ecco men's loafers along with my Columbia sneakers for putting on the miles walking, but am trying to transition to a lighter load. Ideally, I'd like to find something that is good looking enough that I can wear at a relatively nice dinner establishment (not formal), but sporty enough that I can use to walk 10 miles a day. Any ideas?
Rockport Eureka walking shoes are ideal for this I think:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DE0&th=1&psc=1

I use them and find them very comfortable and dressy enough for dinners!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Ecco also has some dressier but still comfortable options if they fit your feet well. My FIL and I both like Rockport but my husband does not....
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:02 am

I used to have Ecco and Rockport but now I wear Birkenstock. I have both Memphis and Duma and they are both work causal, look good and great for walking. I like the Birkenstock cork insole. It is not as comfortable as first as Ecco or Rockport shoes but after breaking in they work out better for me.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:32 am

I LOVE Birkenstocks but don't find the options dressy enough (depends on what your needs are - they're great for me to wear to work, but I work in a business - very -casual environment)

However - they ALSO make innersoles that are delightful!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:49 am

I have Mephisto. http://www.mephistousa.com/c/mephist...phisto-fortino but the funny thing is....... I don't use Mephisto insoles (you can take it out). I use an old insole from a Brikenstock closed toe shoes from at least 17 years ago which provide better anatomical support. Go figure.....
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:28 pm

+1 for Ecco, which is what I mostly travel in, as I find them really comfortable. The better models can look very smart too, and they tend to last quite a lot (never had the issue with soles disintegrating in particular). This might depend on the model and market though, as some are made in China, and some in Portugal: I'd expect a quality gap here.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I LOVE Birkenstocks but don't find the options dressy enough (depends on what your needs are - they're great for me to wear to work, but I work in a business - very -casual environment)

However - they ALSO make innersoles that are delightful!
They got some new styles that looks like regular oxford like the memphis. Very heard to tell they are birkenstock.

Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Need
They got some new styles that looks like regular oxford like the memphis. Very heard to tell they are birkenstock.

^

(I'm female - just got new Gizehs over the summer - haven't been looking for closed shoes recently - those are nice!)
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, BA, HH
I have had decent luck with Cole Haan. Some of them have Nike Air in the sole as well as a more athletic bottom for when you have to run to make the connection. They are usually very comfortable and the price wont break you, which is nice when you get caught in an unexpected storm. I also like ecco.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Eddie Bauer Departure.

I've put hundreds of miles on mine. Walking, hiking, in the office, traveling etc. They are slip-ons (no laces) and are weather-proof (snow, slush, rain).

I can't recommend them enough.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm a big fan of these Chaps shoes:

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-237...ford-shoes.jsp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.